Last Warning

Zayn's POV

I lift my head from my hands as I hear the door to Niall's room slam shut and Hannah stomp outside.

"Didn't go well?"

"Just as always," her shoulders, I notice, are sagging a little and her back is starting to hunch.

"Hey," I move to sit next to her and rest a hand on her shoulder. "It'll be ok. We'll get through it, just like we always do."

The tips of her mouth turn up slightly. "Thanks, Zayn. You always know how to cheer me up."

"Course I do. How else are you not smiling right away?"

She grins. "I don't know. Maybe it's just that I'm outta that damn room."

"Ok. Now I know you're just messing with my feelings."

She put her hands up in surrender. "Guilty as charged."

Liam bursts through the kitchen door with and bag of takeout from McDonald's, laughing as Harry darts after him.

"Gimme back my fries!" Harry screeches as he lunges for the takeout.

"After you give me back my pants!" Liam shoots him his own demanding face.

It takes Hannah a moment to realize that he's wearing only boxers below his waist. Her face turns bright red.

I laugh at the hysterical scene as well as eyeing her surprised face.

"Geesh, Harry. Just give the desperate boy back his trousers!" A voice from the back exclaims.

"Thank you Louis. You make my point sound outstanding!" Liam cries as Harry starts hitting him with a pillow.

"Gimme back my fries first!"

"I'll show you what fries are," Liam sneers and grabbed a handful before tossing it into Harry's chest.

"Ha ha, you missed me!" Harry cackles, swerving out of the way in time. But just as he's celebrating his victory, Liam rummages through the bag of takeout and hurls a chicken nugget at his face, aiming successfully!

"Owwwwww!" Harry whines, dropping the pillow he's hitting Liam with and clutches his nose.

"Whoa, nice aim!"

"Thank you, thank you all!" Liam sweeps into an elegant bow. We all starts cracking up, even Harry!

"Ok, I have to admit, you earned your jeans back," he reaches under the couch and pulls out a pair of black crumpled jeans.

"Finally!" Liam complains as he takes back what is his.

"Wait, but couldn't you have just taken another pair of jeans of yours to put on?" Hannah realises as Liam buttons up his trousers.

"I couldn't. That was the only pair I brought with me on the tour."

"Then why couldn't you have just been more prepared?"

"Because that's just how I am," he shrugs. "You get used to it. So anyway we have to start packing now. The tour-cruise will be leaving tomorrow at exactly 9:00 in the morning."

"Hold on," Hannah interrupts. "Did you just say something about a tour-cruise?"

"Exactly."

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. I didn't even start packing!" Hannah rushes to her room.

Harry rolls his eyes, "diva."

"I'll go help," I volunteer, marching out of the sitting room.

When I enter Hannah's room she's already packing a pair of bra and underwear, three sparkly skirts and a teal-colored sundress.

"You need help?" I crouch beside her.

She breathe a sigh of relief, "almost all the time."

"Glad to hear that," I reach into her closet and pulled out a crop-top, settling it gently onto the floor before folding it neatly and placing it into Hannah's suitcase.

"Do you always do that when packing?" She asks.

"All the time."

She rests her hand on top of mine, "do you mind, that I ask you to teach me?"

I stroke her hand in return, "not at all."

👫👫👫

As we walk out from her room, hand in hand, I stop, only to find myself face to face with Hannah's protective twin brother.

"I told you to stay away from her," he scowls, pushing me away from her.

"Niall, don't do this." Hannah pleads.

"I'm only doing what's best for you."

He juts his chin sharply in my direction. "This is the last warning, Zayn." He cries out to me angrily. "If you touch her again, I swear, I will kill you."

He glares at both of us again before heading to his room to pack for the tour-cruise.

"Don't listen to him, Zayn," Hannah squeezes my hand slightly. "He doesn't mean it. Niall's just ... angry."

"You heard him," I explain. "If I go near you again he'll forbid us to even be in the same room."

"Niall's just being an ass-hole," she reminds me.

"But he's protecting you. And I respect that."

"We'll get through this, I promise." She whispers, caressing my cheek.