Finally Together

Hannah's POV

I groan, letting my eyes adjust to the bright light. The monitor beside me starts to beep uncontrollably.

"Anyone, please just tell that monitor to just shut up?!" I shout among the beeping of the machine.

"Oh thank goodness, Hannah you're awake!" A voice cries happily as he rushes to me and scoops me up in his arms.

"Who-who is this?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

I can feel his smirk spread up through to me, "Guess who."

"Oh let's see," I start. "You sound like one of two boys who really care about me, but you're more energetic than the other so ... Zayn!"

"Heh, guilty as charged! What gave me away?"

I smile slightly, "because you're always so energetic and you look on the bright side of things."

He shrugs, "makes sense. I assume that yesterday was unlike any other birthday you ever had!"

"Trust me, it was really unsettling, even though I was in a coma for most of the day!" We both start cracking up. "So, how long have you been waiting for me to wake up??"

"Since yesterday evening."

"Do the others know I'm awake?"

"Not yet."

As if on cue, the door leading to the hall outside bursts open, and in run three boys who I haven't seen for 24 hours.

"Hannah Banana! You're awake!" Louis jumps onto my bed so hard that I think I also feel the bed vibrate.

"Oi! Careful there! Her injuries are severely damaged," a voice from outside speaks. "They could get infected really badly." I can only guess who that is.

Liam walks into the room slowly holding an open book in front of him with the cover's title: Medical Ointments, Injuries And Advice, All Here For An Extra Healthy Body!

"Oh look guys!" Louis emphasises the word 'look,' his voice thick with sarcasm. "It's you-know-who."

"And there's also the troublemaker, you-know-who," Liam shoots back.

"Don't worry, guys!" Harry steppe in, looping an arm around Louis'. "He's not the only one who caused cray-cray on the tour-cruise!"

"Harry!" Louis hisses. "Did you HAVE to say that?!!"

"What?" Harry questions. "I didn't tell them that we had the barbecue on the deck and caused the fire in the first place."

"WHAT?!?!" We all cry at the same time.

"Great," Louis mutters under his breath. "The word is out, and now we'll never have any peace ever again."

"Zayn, because of you Hannah almost perished!!" Niall yells. Louis, Liam and Harry quickly back into their very own corners of the room. Seriously, Niall?! Right here in the hospital? Dick move, big bro. Not again!

But this time my older Brother does more damage than I could've ever imagined. He grabs Zayn by the throat and marches him to a wall shoving him against it while choking him!!

"You with your 'I'll protect her to my last dying breath,' or 'I'm not what I used to be,' and further on 'I'll love her until the day I die!"

"NIALL STOP!!! I shout, struggling to free myself from the wires attached to my arms and legs to get to them.

I turned to look at the three others cowering in their corners. I beckon them over with my head.

"What are you three doing, just standing there?! Do something!!" I half-shout.

They all quickly rushed over to the two boys still fighting and hold Niall back as he keeps struggling to finish him off.

"Let go of me!" He screams.

"Niall, calm down!" I cry from my hospital bed. "He saved me!" I then blurt out. The room grows silent. No grunting, no protesting, and no screaming.

"What?" He demands. "This must be some kind of joke."

"It isn't," Zayn steps in. "This is the truth, and you deserve to know."

"While I was trapped in the tour-cruise," I continue on. "I burned my hand and cut myself badly by landing on broken glass. And if Zayn wasn't there to risk his own life for mine, then I would've been dead by now."

Niall's face softens and he turned to look back and forth between Zayn and me. "Tell me," he says. "Is this all true?"

"Yes," I reply. "He loves me. I know it's hard to understand, but he's not gonna hurt me. Zayn's never been faking his feelings for me, and I could tell."

From the corner of my eye, I can see Harry and Louis both brush a tear from their cheeks. I can't help but smile at the scene.

"That's so sweet," Louis sniffs. Harry nods in agreement. I've never actually seen them cry before.

"Well then if that's really true, then I guess I'm alright with you two dating," Niall speaks, surprising me, and of course everyone else.

"You are???" I finally answer. He nods, and smiles. Smiles! Not that I've never seen him smile before but that's the first smile I've ever seen near Zayn.

And I now get his permission to talk with Zayn and of course do anything with him as a couple.

👫👫👫

"This must have been one CRAZY year for you, Hannah," Zayn insists. We're both standing on the deck outside beside each other, watching the sun sink slowly below the waves for the evening to end.

"Yeah, it really was!" I agree with him. "I mean, first I get hit by a limo, second I've just gone on tour with the band and third, I almost died in a fire!"

"If I was just a normal person like you, I don't think that would've ever happened to me," Zayn predicts.

"That's because you don't have an identical twin sibling as an Irish singer and participated in a band called One Direction!"

I feel his hand slowly slip into mine and lace our fingers together as he turns to look at me, "then you're quite the lucky clover."