The Match Is On!

Zayn's POV

As we reach the coast of Los Angles, Harry perks up. "Look at the water! Someone must have scattered diamonds on the surface!"

"Harry, those are not diamonds on the water's surface," Liam clears his throat. "Those are the rays of the sun reflecting onto the water's surface, so that's what gives the water a shiny appearance."

"Well done, Liam! You just got an A+ for studying the knowledge of nature!" Louis announces playfully, patting Liam on the shoulder.

Liam rolls his eyes, "please, Louis. Will you stop with the acting?"

"Louis ignores his band mate, "your reward of the year for your hardworking career in specifically every subject i-i-i-i-i-s-s-s-s-s ... Toilet cleaning in the evening!!" Everyone else groans except for Harry, who's practically clapping as loud as he can until his hands ache.

"Great job, Liam! Hope you enjoy cleaning up other people's turds, because I have really big ones! So you've a lot of work cut out for you."

"I'm telling Hannah you did that to me!" Liam whines, scurrying off to Hannah's room. Ever since Hannah came with us on tour Liam or Louis has always been going to her in search for advice during their quarrels.

Despite Liam's anger, Louis and I trail after him before hearing the exact words, "Hannah, you have to do something about that jerk for me!" We hear Liam utter.

"Ahem, I can hear you, you know," Louis mutters, making his way over. Loud pop music erupts from the studio, making the silence even more profound.

"Look, I'm serious Louis! You really have to stop calling me a nerd!"

"Louis, Liam, it's not too late to turn back," Hannah gulps.

"Alright, that's it!" Louis stomps until he's towering over Liam, who was sitting on Hannah's bed, right next to her.

Louis cracks his knuckles in front of him, "let's do this the old-fashioned way." And the moment he utters those words, I know exactly what's gonna happen.

👫👫👫

"Zayn, do something! Stop them!" Hannah begs, grabbing me by the shoulders and shaking me roughly.

"I'm thinking, I'm thinking!" I push her gently away to loosen her grip.

As we head to the gym we can see Liam shirtless with a pair of boxing gloves at hand and a punching bag in front of him.

"Listen, Liam," I start as he punches the bag a few times in his concentration. "You don't have to do this."

"Oh, but I will."

"Liam," Hannah tries this time. "You know that starting a physical fight isn't going to do you any good."

He pauses, before turning to face both of us. He takes a deep breath, "Hannah, Zayn, I appreciate that you both care for me, but this is something that I have to handle myself. I'll fight Louis and work this out, and there's nothing you can really do about that."

He turns back to the punching bag, before punching it again. This time, harder.

I sigh. I know there was no reasoning with him any longer. I put my arm around Hannah.

"C'mon. Let's see if we can reason with Louis."

We turn our backs to Liam, pausing to look at him a few times before leaving him completely alone with the punching bag.

👫👫👫

As we enter a different gym on the opposite direction, Louis, also shirtless and with a pair of boxing gloves on, is punching a man made of wax, plastic and metal. His hard breathing echoes around the walls of the room as his punches harden by the minute.

"Hey, Louis."

He turns to me, "Hi, Zayn."

"Louis, there's still time to end your feud with Liam," Hannah replies gently.

"Yeah. As if that's ever gonna happen." He slips his gloves off before heading to a nearby bench to take a sip of water.

"Louis, please, you have to listen to us. This whole nerd-calling thing has gone too far! Only you two can put an end to it."

"I am!" He protests back. "I'll knock him out and show him who's the king!" He tosses his boxing gloves into his backpack before hefting it over his shoulder. "Now if you will excuse me the match's gonna start soon, so I have to get ready," he heads out the door, looking back at us one last time before descending the stairs.

I look on after him with worry in my eyes. Hannah comes up to me slowly and we both watch as Louis heads to the ring in despair.