Concerns From An Older Sibling

Niall's POV

"Well Barbara, this has been our fifth year together," I remind her, piercing a small piece of my steak with my fork and bringing it into my mouth.

"Our very fifth," she echoes as she takes a sip of her wine.

I pick up my glass and hold it out towards hers. "A toast," I declare. "To our undying--" my voice gets interrupted by the small TV hanging up over our heads about just three feet away.

The same woman on BBC starts talking, again.

"Aw crap! We've once again found more news about the band One Direction," she was saying. "Today we found out that 1D's tour-cruise caught on fire!!" There are gasps all around me before the woman continues. "And right now we have right here two of our most prized members of the band: Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson!" She gestures to my two bandmates. They're both in their boxers only and dripping wet from head to toe.

"So tell us boys," she starts. "Do you know how this fiery inferno occurred??" She holds her microphone out to both of them.

"We-we have NO idea how the fire started!" Louis stutters.

"Yeah!" Harry adds. "We had absolutely NOTHING to do with it!" I can tell that both of their faces held only one emotion: Guilt. I always see it on their faces when something tragical happens.

"Those two bozos," I mutter to myself. "What did they do now to start the freaking fire?"

"Are you sure?" The woman asks, taking back her microphone. "You don't know what happened? Nothing at all??"

"Nothing at all," they both answer in unison. Pfft, yeah right!

"Okay then, but that's not all!" The woman goes on. "One Direction's Zayn Malik has just saved the life of a 17 year-old girl named Alison Green ..."

Alison Green. That was Hannah's cover name, her fake ID.

"... From the burning fire. And he claims that she's his fiancé who we assumed just met on the tour-cruise before the fire. The ambulance has just arrived to take the innocent girl to the hospital for her recovery."

"Uh, Barbara." I turn to my GF. "I'm really sorry to call it a night this early, I really am. But I need to do something important right now." I quickly stand and headed out of Nando's and took out my phone to call the limousine driver to pull in.

"But Ni!" Barbara protests, hurrying after me. "We didn't even finish our food yet!"

"I'll make it up to you Barbara, on our next date! Love you." I hastily kiss her cheek before stepping into the limousine and giving the chauffeur my address to the bay.

👫👫👫

"Niall! There you are! Where have you been this whole time? And for god's sake, your sister's in the hospital." Liam warns me as soon as I arrive at the bay.

"Is she ok?" I demand.

"How am I supposed to know?" He grunts.

"You were the last person to see her!" I half-shout. Liam holds up his hands in defeat. "Woah, chill man!" He lowers his arms. "Why does everyone keep asking that?" He mutters, but a little too loudly.

"BECAUSE YOU WERE THE LAST PERSON TO SEE HER!!" We all say in unison.

"Alright that's it, I'm outta here!" Liam declares, rising from the tree stump he's sitting on and walking far away from us.

"How long until the limousine comes to pick us up?" Louis whines.

"Yeah! I'm craving for McDonald's!" Harry choruses in.

"Not for long," I answer, glancing down at my watch. "And I know for sure you can't come in like that!" I gesture at their boxers.

"And besides, what happened to your clothes when you were on the cruise??" Zayn asks. I roll my eyes. Does he have to be that inquisitive?

"Uhh, what makes you ask that?" Harry inquires.

"Because you're wearing nothing but your sleep-pants!" I face-palm myself. I don't even have time to cope with all of this stuff!

I picture Hannah lying on an uncomfortable stretcher and being rolled into the ambulance truck. Then, a horrible thought strikes me, making the hair at the back of my neck stand straight on end.

Did Hannah remember to wear her skin mask before the ambulance arrived? I chew on my nails in frustration. Or is she in a coma right now? What if she never wakes up? All those thoughts are scary to think about, but it's best to know the truth then go on wondering.

Finally, the limousine pulls up at the sandy curb yards away. We quickly scramble into the limousine and order the driver to immediately take us to the hospital.

As we entered the hospital through the auto close-in glass doors, I stride up to the empty counter, the others following behind me.

"We would like to see Alison Green, please," I address the woman at the counter.

"Have you made an appointment to visit her?" The woman asks.

"Well, no. Not exactly."

She frowns, "you're gonna have to speak up, sweetie."

"Well, then can't we at least make an appointment right now?" Liam suggests from behind.

"I suppose that could be arranged," she replies. The woman pulls out a pen and notepad and flips onto a clean page. And in her crawly handwriting, she writes:

Name: GREEN, Alison

Room number: 246

Injuries: severely wounded

Date of accident: 13/09/2013

"There!" She rips the page off and hands it to me. "Now you're free to visit Ms. Green as long as you like tomorrow!"

"Thank you so much!" Zayn and I both say in unison.

"Anytime!" The woman smiles cheerfully. "The name's Cheryl, by the way. And if you ever need any help, feel free to give me a call!"