Trapped

Zayn's POV

"Let's play Dare, Darer or Darrest!" Harry cheers when the six of us were all alone.

"Why?"

"Because," Harry says, striding to the kitchen for a glass of lemonade. "It's my most favorite game and the first person to create it was also the founder of McDonalds!"

"Good for you," Liam mucks while flipping through the pages of a History book. "In my accordances Cornelia Candace was only 15 when she--"

"Liam--" Louis interrupts with a warning glare from the dining room before I quickly cut in.

"How about a round of Dare, Darer or Darrest?" I blurt.

"I 100% agree on that!" Harry yells from the kitchen.

"I second it!" Niall choruses.

"But I don't know how to play Dare, Darer or Darrest." Hannah replies.

"It's simple. It's just like Truth or Dare, except there are three levels of dare: Dare, Darer and Darrest," Louis explains. "And when someone asks you: 'Dare, Darer or Darrest?' you have to pick either one of them and then the person who asked you will give you a dare that they think suits the level you chosen and you have to do that dare."

"Really? Do I have to??" She groans, resting her face onto the smooth wooden top of the living room table.

"Well, rules are rules."

"Ok let's start the game!" Harry pipes up, who just finished his glass of lemonade as he shoves through us to get to the couch first before anyone else can.

As soon as we all gather in the sitting room, Harry begs, "please please please can I be the first to start??"

"Alright, since you're so desperate."

"Fantastic!" He bounces on the couch cushions as he thought of a dare. "And I'll be asking Zayn," he adds.

"Alright, it's your funeral."

"Dare, Darer or Darrest?"

I think for a moment, "Darer."

"I dare you to ..." Harry's sentence drifts off for a moment before he finally finishes, "make out with Hannah for two minutes." He quirks his brows in my direction, shoots me the ok hand signal and winks. "In that closet," he adds, pointing a finger at the small wooden closet not far away.

I steal a nervous glance at Hannah, who returns the look. Then I pass it on to Niall, which, in not much of a surprise, glowers back.

"Well, rules are rules after all," Louis repeats, looking at each of us expectedly.

Taking a deep breath that I've realised I've been holding in the whole time and exhaling it out, I walk straight to the closet with Hannah following behind me at my heels. As we both enter the closet and shut the door, we hear someone's footsteps rush to the doorway of the closet and a key turns unexpectedly. When I try to open the door, I discover it locked. 

"Harry," I called out from inside. "Is locking us in the closet really necessary?"

"Yes. Because you might sneak out of it while we're waiting for two minutes to be up. And besides, I have already set up a stop watch for you lovebirds," I can feel Harry smirking from the other side of the door. "So we'll know if your time is up."

"Yes you explained it very clearly indeed," Hannah rolls her blue eyes. "Now may we please have some privacy?"

"As you wish, Mrs. Malik," Harry runs off, laughing as Hannah bangs against the door, trying to break through and to sue him. "The nerve!" She hisses between her teeth. "He'll pay for this ... but perhaps after this dare." She regains her position. "I can believe I'm doing this."

"Me neither," I replies back to her as I leaned in.

👫👫👫

By the time 'two minutes' was up it's already been half an hour we've spent in the closet, according to my watch which glows in the dark.

Hannah can't take it anymore. "HARRY!!!!" She screams, banging her fists against the door which I consider gives her some bruises. "WHERE THE FREAKING HELL ARE YOU?!?!?!!!!"

"Hey will you just chill out, woman??!" Harry demands. "I'm drilling the heating vents out for you two so I can get to the key, you can thank me later."

I froze, "What. Did. You. Just. Say?"

"Oh c'mon Zayn. You should know better. I just told you ... Wait, did I?? Because I forgot."

"Did you just say that you dropped the key down one of the heating vents in the tour-cruise?" Hannah asks.

"... No ... Well, maybe." He says, guilt rising in his throat. I exchange a glance with Hannah who I can see perfectly well is narrowing her eyes through the key-hole as she frowns at Harry, waiting for him to own up.

"Alright fine! Yes!!" He blurts out. "I accidentally dropped the key down one of the heating vents while I was doing a Number 2. Because that the heating vent was too narrow for me to reach in, I had to call the Engineers for their help."

I breathe a sigh of relief, "problem solved."

"Apparently we're way too far out from shore for the Engineers to reach, so you'll both probably have to spend the night in the closet."