Chapter 19

So this is probably gonna be the worst chapter in any of the books I've written cuz it's really girly and I can't/don't/won't do girly for shit. So everybody's in for an interesting chapter.

Also I've been posting chapters to one of my other books lately. Might wanna check it out. My best friend's addicted to it, and thinks everybody else should to.

Shout out to my big brother, Nate for that. Love ya, man.
-------------
"I cannot believe I'm being forced into a dress." I groaned as I slipped into my dress.

Asher had talked me into getting a knee length spaghetti strapped dress. The skirt had a layer of of some net like material, and there was a mutated turtle pendant on the waist. I left my hair in waves that flowed down my back, and stopped between my hips. I heard my mom calling me down, so I ran downstairs after realizing my black cowboy boots were downstairs. All four girls were standing in my living room with our dates and Ash.

"If anybody says a word, they're getting punched." I told them as I rushed over to the front door for my boots.

"You look beautiful." I glared at Ryan.

"Shut up." I hissed as I slid my boots on my feet.

"You ready?" My dad asked me.

"Yes, Dad."

"Alright. Into the backyard. All of you." My mom ushered us into the backyard like a heard of sheep.

"Why the backyard?" I moaned.

As you can probably tell, I really hate school dances. I hate dresses, and any and all things involving being dressed up. Especially since my parents like to take pictures of us where the snakes are. I do not appreciate looking back at pictures from certain events, and there be a fucking snake next to me.

Mom and Dad had each pair come out one by one, starting with Jay and our star quarterback. She redid her pink hair two days ago, so it would be a little faded. She also actually got the quarterback to wear pink. It wouldn't surprise me if she got him to wear her favorite color just by wearing one of our school colors. She chose a blue strapless floor length dress with some weird pendant on the left hip, and layered ruffles along with pink straps high heels to match.

Skye and Blake followed suit. As student body president, he was suppose to be wearing a tux. But, because Skye was his date, he was wearing black skinny jeans, a yellow dress shirt, and high top converse. He had his hair spiked up too. She was wearing a yellow lace dress with an A-line neckline that came down to about mid-thigh and black converse. She had her blue hair cut in a fringe type thing with short layers.

Next came Asher and the twins. The three of them are going stag. Both twins were wearing a plum purple floor length dress that only covered one shoulder, the sides cut out, and the trim on the neckline and cut outs were lined in sequins, silver heels, and they both had their hair curled. Ash was wearing black skater shoes and skinny jeans with a green dress shirt and a black blazer.

Lastly, me and Ryan. He got a pink vest to wear over his white dress shirt to match my dress, and a green tie to match my favorite color. Since I was wearing my boots, he felt the need to wear blue skinny jeans so he could wear his. That's country love, y'all.

After my parents took a huge group photo, they walked us out to the limo parked in front of my house. Then proceeded to take more pictures. I'm ready to break their damn camera. I want no memory of this night.

"On more photo!" My mom sang.

"No, Mom. No more pictures." I slammed the door shut.

🐍

I was thankful when it was time to go home. Ryan had to talk to me into staying several times. He got the picture when I nearly punched him in the face. Me and him left early, but everybody else stayed behind. We ended up down at the diner, where we had our first date.

As much as I didn't want to remember the dance, I was glad I did when I woke up the next morning in Ryan's bed. Completely naked. That's the only part of last night I wanted to remember. That's the only part of last night I needed to remember. I nudged Ryan awake.

"Ryan? Ryan, wake up." I poked his cheek.

"What?" He groaned. "What time is it?"

"Eleven." I looked at my phone. "I'm surprised neither of my parents called when I didn't come home."

"Spring formal and prom season. There's usually an after party."

After we left the diner, we went back to Ryan's. we were sitting up in his room, and the next thing I knew, our clothes were off. It's doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out what had happened. It doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out I'm gonna be bothered about this later. I regret this already.

"As demonstrated by last night's events, I'd say we had our own after party." He continued. "And it was probably better than the actual one."

"Considering the fact that I didn't have to wear a dress for ours, it was." I kissed him. "And I enjoyed it more because I don't like parties."

Aside from not having to wear a dress some stupid dress, and skip a party I really don't care about, I actually enjoyed last night. It made me happy. I just hope my friends don't ruin it for me by pestering me with questions.
------------
Above is Mag's dress. Below will be Jay's, Skye's and the twins' dresses in that order.