Epilogue

Tombutoo told me that once I broke my family's curse, everybody's memory would be erased of it and the assisted events. The whole town would have no clue what happened. The only people that would remember are me and my parents. Everything would be back to normal.
My parents let me finish out the first half of my senior year online, and I'd be going back to school for the second half. Now that the curse is broken, I can continue to have normal teenage worries again. Not to mention, future generations of my family won't have to worry about the curse. Life is good again.
"Mag! You're gonna be late for your first day back!" My mom yelled from downstairs.
I took one last look at myself in the mirror before I grabbed my bookbag and went downstairs. I was ready to take on the world. I've learned that since I've broken an ancient family curse, there was nothing I couldn't overcome now. When I went outside, my dad was hammering a for sale sign into the front lawn.
"Dad, what are you doing?"
"We're selling the farm. Your mother and I decided we've had enough to do with snakes for a lifetime. I don't know about you, but having snakes all over the house and lawn, not including inventory, made us never want to be around snakes again."
"I'm okay with that. I probably would've sold it after you died anyway. I never really wanted anything to do with it."
"No kidding. After the last couple years, I wouldn't blame you. Well, you better get going. Don't want to be late. You only have a few months left."
"Okay. See you later, Dad." He kissed the top of my head and I walked over to my car.
"Hey, Mag?" I looked at my dad. "I'm proud of you."
"Thanks, Dad." I got in my car and went to school.
All my friends were waiting for me when I got to school. The twins finally got their licenses and a car so they picked Jay and Skye up for school. Ash has a doctor's appointment first period so he'll be coming in later. Until then, I have all my girl friends to help make my transition easier.
"Hey, Mag." I turned around to see a guy in my shop class named Evan.
Evan's one of the few kids in my school I've known since kindergarten. He's a sweet boy and not exactly bad looking. He's about five nine with dark brown hair, hazel eyes and lots of freckles. He wasn't too skinny, but he wasn't fat either. In fact, he had a perfect body to turn into muscle.
"Hi, Evan. What's up?"
"I noticed you weren't here last semester. How you been?"
"I'm pretty good, thanks."
"So, I was thinking you and Ryan haven't been together in quite some time, and if there wasn't any possibility of you getting back together, maybe you'd like to go out with me this weekend?"
"Yeah, no, Ryan and I are definitely over. Um, I'd love to go out with you." I smiled.
"Cool. So I'll text you later?"
"Sounds good." We smiled at each other and he walked towards the school.
I noticed all my friends were still standing in front of the school, smiling at me. The twins looked like they were about to jump out of their skins with excitement. Ther squeals got louder as I walked towards the school. Next thing I know, they all started hounding me with questions.
"Guys." I rolled my eyes.
As we walked into the school, I noticed a light brown king cobra coiled up on one of the rocks in the courtyard. It nodded in approval as I took the first step towards my new life.