Chapter 20

No sooner did I leave Ryan's house, five of my friends were blowing up my phone. The twins felt the need to call me sixty thousand times, about me and Ryan. Sky and Ash asked me if I was okay, and if I wanted to hang out. Jay was asking a combo of both. I'm so thankful for Sky and Ash.

On the way home, an unwanted visitor decided to join me. An unwanted visitor I haven't seen for quite some time. I was actually surprised I haven't seen him in so long. I was also shocked that i was surprised that I missed him.

"What do you want? Where have you been? And why haven't I seen you in so long?" I asked him.

"It's getting to be the end of the school year. School's more important than being one of us."

"Really? When I wanna be normal, you're up my ass. But when I have finals, you leave me alone?"

"Pretty much."

"Well, don't sugar coat it." I said sarcastically.

"What were you doing at Ryan's all night anyway?"

"Really? You're as bad as my friends." I walked away.

"I'm suppose to keep track of you." He slithered up to me.

"I would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't." I stopped. "You have that damn book at the time. Find me a cute."

"Mag, have you read the book?"

"No." I told him.

"You might want to."

"Fine." I grumbled. "Just not today. I'm goin' over to Jay's."

"Go ahead." He slithered away.

"Hub. That was weird." I mumbled.

Jay lived a couple blocks from Ryan. I didn't feel like running home to change, so I figured I'd borrow some of Jay's. I got a lot of weird looks on the walk to Jay's because no one in town was used to seeing me in a dress. A pink dress no less.

I waked up the pathway to an average sized White House with a blue roof, door and windows. The brick path was lined in pink roses and violets. Her mom's Lexus was missing, but her dad's Audi was still there. Toys were scattered across the yard from her brother and sister, making it look like a toy store threw up everywhere. I looked up, and her ten-year-old brother, Thomas, was staring out the window.

"Jaylin! Mag's here!" I heard him yell then I heard a click followed by the front door opening.

"Hey, Mag." Jay poked her head out the door.

"Hey, Jay. Babysitting?"

"Yep." I stepped inside.

"Hey, Mag." Her thirteen-year-old sister, Casey, said as she walked into the kitchen.

Both Jay and Casey had long blonde hair and light blue eyes like their mom. Casey was a couple inches shorter than Jay. Personality wise, they were pretty opposite. Jay's preppy and outgoing while Casey's quiet and keeps to herself. Casey was wearing a pair of black gym shorts and a grey hoodie with her school name in black letters. Jay was wearing a pink skirt with a teal tank top.

Thomas, however, was different from both of his sisters. He has short black hair and emerald green eyes like his father. He was wearing khakis, a baby blue collared shirt, and a plaid sweater vest. He was a combination of his older sisters with a combination of their style and a mix of their personalities. One day he could dress like Jay and act like Casey and vise versa.

"Hey, Case."

"Why are you dressed like that?" She gasped. "Do you have a twin we don't know about with a different personality? Were you kidnapped, and forced to wear a dress?"

"Calm down, Casey. She wore that to the dance last night."

"We went to school dance?" I nodded. "Wow."

"Speaking of dance, can I borrow some clothes? I spent the night at Ryan's, and I didn't feel like stopping at home since you live closer to him than me."

"Yeah. Come on." I followed her upstairs.

Her room was painted with a flowery scene painted on one wall. Her bed was against the wall in the corner with pink fluffy blankets and pillows and a white canopy covering her pillows. She had a white bookcase at the foot of her bed, and a white end table next to her bed. There was a blue desk on the opposite end of the room with a medium sized tv on top of it. I shut the door behind me, and followed her into her walk-in closet.

"Pick whatever you want." She gestured to the variety of clothing on hangers and racks.

"Thanks."

I shimmied out of my dress. She left me to change, and sat on her bed. I pulled a pair of black shorts of the rack, and a purple cheetah print tank top of a banger. I folded my dress, and left it on a shelf. When I finished, I closed the closet, and parked myself in her desk chair.

I pushed her blue laptop against the wall so I can lean on it. On top of her three-shelf bookcase, she had more books placed in the cubbies on her desk. Jay's two main hobbies consisted of reading and writing. The drawers were full of books she's written. Her plan after high school was to become a well known author. Her biggest critics are Casey and their father.

Casey herself is into graphic novels and art. Much like her older sister, Casey is a writer. Just with two different writing interests. Jay writes romance novels and fiction. Her younger sister pens horror stories as well aims to be a graphic novelist, who writes and draws her own comic strips. Both of them hope to become published following high school with the help of their parents' connections.

Her father reviews soon-to-be released novels as a journalist, and her mom writes erotic novels. Both of them agree Jay and Casey's plans to get published after high school, so they have their chance at being normal teens. Of course they recommended both of their daughters going to college and majoring in writing and art to help their writing styles and Casey's art skills.

Thomas aspires to be the black sheep of the family, and dreams of being a chef. He liked to be different, and not what everybody expects of him. His parents would like him to go into journalism like his father, be a writer like his mother and his eldest sister, or even an artist like his middle sister. They have their wants, but they support his dreams.

"Still working on your most recent project?"

"Yep. Dad approved my last book. Mom liked it then she passed it on to Dad. He said when I'm ready, he'll send it in."

"Is that gonna be your first published piece, or are you planning on releasing the one for Casey's and our age group first?"

"The completed one first, and then I'll send the other one out. Keep publishing them in the order they're written. I don't want to be one of those writers that has to finish a series before they release anything else. I don't want to write one book, start another, hold that off to write a sequel to the first one, and completely forget about the piece that has been in the process of being written."

"Either way, no matter what you do, I better have signed copies of yours and Casey's work on my bookshelf."

"You'll have the first autographed copy before I even release it." She smiled.
-------------
For those of you who love the snake, he's baaack. Briefly. Maybe. Depending how I feel.

Also I finally explained a lil more about Jay and her family. Her parents' careers might explain the reason why her parents drive a Lexus and an Audi cuz those cars are expensive as fuck. Along with why she's preppy cuz ya know her family gots monies.

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed. Don't forget to vote, comment and follow. ✌🏻