Chapter 1

Mia's P.O.V

I walk out the double doors of NYU as I carry my binders in my arms as I held them close to my chest.

The cold air hit me like knifes.

I walk on until I hear my name being called out.

"Mia! Wait up!" I hear josh say from behind me.

Josh and I have been friends since we were both 10 years old. We honestly became bestfriends instantly.

He's always seen me more than a bestfriend, but I don't look at him in that way. He's had a crush on me since 9th grade, but I could never see myself in a relationship with him. He's my bestfriend, nothing more and nothing less.

"Hey josh" I say as he catches up to me.

"So what ya doing this weekend?" He asks.

"Nothing special, you?" I ask back.

"Well Louise and I usually go out clubbing on Fridays so I was wondering if you'd come out with us this time." He says rubbing the back of his neck like he was nervous. Why would he be nervous about asking me that?

"Josh you know clubbing ain't my thing." I state as we reach the student parking lot.

"I know but please come. For me?" He asks with sad eyes.

"Josh I can't. I have a 10,000 word essay due on Monday so I'll be working on it all weekend so I can't." I say as we reach my car.

"Please?" He begs me.

"No josh!" I say getting a little annoyed.

"Okay." He whispers.

I hop in my car and josh hops in the passenger seat. I shoot him a confused look as to why he's in my car.

"Oh yeah, would you be able to give me a ride home?" He asks and I sigh.

"Fine." Is all I have to say to him.

I start the car and reverse out the parking space I was in.

The car ride was filled with an awkward silence. To break the silence I turned on the radio.

I tap my finger on the steering wheel as the beat plays.

We reached his apartment and he hops out the car.

"Thank for the ride." He smiles.

"No problem." I smile back.

He shuts the car door and I began to drive again. I reach my apartment and hop out the car. I walk in to see Louise wasn't in the living room.

"Mia is that you?" I hear Louise say from in the kitchen.

"Hey" I say as I walk into the kitchen to see her sitting at the island in the middle of the kitchen on her laptop.

"Hey" she says as I take a seat across from her.

"What you doin-" I get cut off by Louise screaming.

"What?" I giggle at her.

"Oh my god. Oh my god! OH MY GOD!" She squeals jumping up and down in her seat.

"What's going on?" I ask with my voice raised a little.

"So, I have this project that I'm doing for the school site and magazine, and it's to write about success; how to get there and what it's like to be successful." She explains.

"And...?" I say to her so she can explain more.

"So I thought, why not do a interview with the most successful man in the business? So I sent a email to the Dolan enterprise to see if I can interview Mr.Dolan for a the project. And I just got a email back." She pauses to look at the email so she can read it out to me. "So it says, dear Miss.Smith, we have received your email requesting a interview with Mr.Dolan for your school magazine and website on success. We have informed Mr.Dolan of your request and he would be delighted to have you interview him. The only slot he has available for you is on Saturday at 10am. Yours dearly, Dolan enterprise." Louise speaks.