Chapter 11

Please read the authors note and the end of this chapter, it would mean a lot.

And please don't forget to vote :)

Mia's P.O.V
Today's the day I graduate from university, now I can pursue my dream as a generalist.

Louise and I walk down the to the hall where the graduation Assembly is taking place, as we both wear our blue gowns and caps.

"You got your valedictory speech ready?" I ask Louise.

"Erm more or less" she laughs causing me to giggle.

"MIA!!" A familiar voice says from behind, I turn to see my step-dad running toward me.

"Dad!" I laugh bring him into a tight embrace.

"Sorry I'm late, I had a hell of time parking." He apologizes with a smile on his face as we walk.

"It's okay, you're here now that's all that matters." I reassure him.

"Are you kidding me I wouldn't miss this for the world" he smiles.

"Well, I saved you a seat next to Louise's mom and dad, okay?" I say.

"Anywhere you want me sweetheart." He says.

"Okay I'll see you after" I say, bring him into another hug.

"Okay, good luck darling."

————

"And it's also a major benefactor to our university. Please join me in welcoming Mr Grayson Dolan."

SHIT! I completely forgot he was doing a speech at the ceremony.

I see him walk on stage as everyone claps. He shakes the principal's hand, and the principal walks off stage, leaving Grayson to take over.

I can't take my eyes off of him.

"Thank you." He says, as soon as the clapping stops. "I'm deeply moved by the great compliment accorded to me today......"

I stop listening when the girls in front of me start talking.

"He is so hot"

Bitch back the fuck up he's mine.

"Oh yeah, he so is"

If you two don't shut the fuck up. Imma knock you both flying.

I lean forward and tap them on the shoulder. They both to turn look at me.

"I heard he's gay." I say with a smug smile on my face.

They look at him in a weird way.

He's mine.

I being to listen Grayson again.

"...The goal, to help eradicate hunger and poverty across the globe. I, myself, have known what it's like to be profoundly hungry. So this is a very personal issue for me."

I knew he lied the day I interviewed him. He just said it was 'smart business'. But all along it's been a personal issue.

Everyone claps, but I sit still.

Soon the principal starts shouting names of people to come and collect their diplomas.

"Mia Rayes."

I walk over to my principal and he hands me my diploma, and with my free and I shake his.

"Thank you" I say before walking towards Grayson.