Chapter 19-Edited

Chapter 19

Elizabeth's POV

The next morning when I wake up, I feel a slight ache on my neck. I put my fingers on my neck and gasp when I feel a jolt of pain. A small smile makes its way on my face in spite of the pain.

I'm finally a marked wolf and I couldn't be happier.

I try to get out of bed so I can go look in a mirror, but a strong arm is holding me to the bed.

I glance over at Ryder's sleeping form, and I feel a soft smile come onto my lips. Ryder's hair is all messed up, and his mouth is slightly parted. Soft snores escape his mouth, and he unconsciously moves me closer to him. He looks so innocent and content. The slight smile on his face melts my heart, and I feel my lips tug up into a smile too. My eyes travel down to his naked chest, and I run my hands along his broad chest slowly. Annabel purrs happily in my head and gushes about how amazing Ryder looks in the morning.

I continue to admire his form for a few minutes before I remember the mark on my neck. I try to pry his hands off my waist, but he just tightens his grip with a soft frown on his face. I giggle softly before I poke his nose. His face scrunches up, and it makes him look so adorable.

I continue to poke his nose until he grabs my hand and laces our fingers together.

"Why were you poking my nose?" Ryder asks without opening his eyes.

"I wanted to get up so I could go see my mark!" I say with a slight pout.

"Well, why don't you?" Ryder says with a slight smirk.

"Your arm is too heavy for me to move," I respond, my pout still in place.

He chuckles slightly and gives me a quick kiss on the lips before he rolls over and gets out of bed. He reaches over and pulls me up from the bed and starts heading towards the bathroom. I follow behind him while bouncing up and down. I can't wait to see my mark for myself. Wait a minute, what about the meeting?

"Did you guys finish the meeting?" Ryder shakes his head at my question.

"No, we decided to wait until today to finish it. I couldn't leave you alone after I had just finished marking you." I nod my head before I open the bathroom door, and rush over to the mirror. I ignore my messed up hair, and the slight bags underneath my eyes. I have never been a morning person, so I'm not surprised by my horrid looks. I am surprised Ryder didn't scream. I guess that comes with the territory of being mates. You don't point out their flaws.

I pull my shirt to one side, and lean in towards the mirror. I purse my lips and stare intently at the mark that looks almost like a tattoo.

My mark is just like what Ryder described. Our wolves are sitting next to each other with their tails joined together. I stand there for a few minutes just staring at my mark. It's absolutely beautiful.

Ryder comes up behind me, and wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls me against his solid chest, and I melt into his embrace. The tingles on my skin spread around, and my heart is beating like an African drum.

We stand in the bathroom in pure silence. The silence isn't awkward, it's peaceful, and I feel completely relaxed. I start thinking about the meeting, and my eyes widen with shock.

"I need to go talk to Jake," I say while tugging on Ryder's arms.

"Why?"

"I think I have a plan that will help prepare us for the attack." Ryder sighs before letting me go.

"It's only 6 in the morning right now, so how about you take a shower, and in about an hour or so, we'll finish the meeting." I nod my head in agreement with Ryder's statement, and he leaves the bathroom while closing the door behind him.