Bonus Chapter 5

Bonus Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Carter's POV

1 Year and a Half Later

"So how is everything going over there? How's your mate and your new pup?" Elizabeth asks me. I still can't believe that it's been over a year since everything happened. I decided on staying here and not going back to the Blood Falls pack for the time being. I needed to make sure my mate got healthy again before I decided on moving back there.

It wasn't an easy task. The first few months were very difficult, and I wasn't sure if she was going to make it at times. Thankfully she's gotten a lot better and is finally stable again.

At first, I thought she was going to be mad at me, but she wasn't. She was happy that I was alive and that I found my way back here to her. I still feel stupid for not coming here first to see if anyone was here. I was just so afraid that I wouldn't find anyone and that it would have been too late for me.

If Emma hadn't been at the ball, I would have never known about my mate or her condition. Actually, if Alpha Ryder hadn't been so gracious to have the party for me, then Emma would have even come to the party and then I definitely wouldn't have known about my mate.

I still thank him and Elizabeth every time I talk to them. They brush it off, but I'm truly thankful for them.

Jessica needed a lot of therapy and care. It wasn't just the fact that she was depressed, she also had a rare disease that comes from coming in direct contact with vampire blood. It wouldn't affect me since I'm a hybrid, but for a werewolf like her, it is deadly. Most vampire's have poisonous blood that would kill any other creature. Other vampires can touch it and be fine, but any other creature would be killed almost instantly, depending on the amount of blood they came in contact with.

That was why I couldn't feel our mate bond anymore. She was half dead, half alive. Her wolf had been dying slowly ever since she had touched the blood. Elizabeth came up here and helped out. I'm not sure exactly what she did, but she was able to extract the vampire blood from my mates body with her powers.

Fast forward to the present and I have a healthy mate. I'm also the proud father of a little boy, Jaxon. He's only a week old but he's already wreaking havoc in my life. I wouldn't change it for anything though.

He looks like I did when I was a baby, but he has a lot of his mother's mannerisms. I already love him so much and it's always amazing to me that I helped make him.

"Everything's good over here. How is everything over there?"

"We're good. Zach misses you a lot, but I think he's getting used to only seeing you every once in a while."

"I miss that little kid too. We might come visit in a little while. I want to spend some time with my mate and pup, but we'll be down there soon."

"You don't need to rush. Zach is having a great time being an older brother. He's so good with Taylor, it's adorable seeing them together."

"How's Ryder handling everything?" I'm honestly curious to see how he is coping with his first daughter.

"He absolutely adores her. She's his little princess. I can already tell that she's going to be a daddy's girl. He loves spoiling her rotten."

"I figured he would," I say as I chuckle lightly. Elizabeth laughs and I hear some slight commotion on her side. Elizabeth yells at Zach for something and I chuckle again. She returns to the phone a few seconds later sounding worried.

"Sorry Carter, I think I have to go. Zach thought it would be a good idea to try to carry Taylor around the house and he bumped into a couch. She's laughing, but I just want to make sure that she's ok."