Bonus Chapter 1

Bonus chapter 1

Elizabeth's POV

"Ok, so what did I tell you?" I ask my son for the millionth time today. Zach lets out an annoyed sigh and rolls his eyes playfully.

"I'm supposed to go downstairs and get daddy for you. I'm supposed to tell him you have a surprise for him."

"Alright, you know what you're doing, good."

"Of course I know what I'm doing! I'm a big boy now! I'm almost six!" Zach exclaims while puffing out his little chest. I laugh quietly and shake my head.

Aw, he's so cute sometimes.

"I still can't believe that you found out before your dad," I say while shaking my head. The fact that Zach figured out that I'm pregnant before Ryder did worries me.

"Well what can I say? I'm pretty smart!" I ruffle his hair before tapping his nose.

"You are pretty smart, aren't you?" A sly grin forms on his lips.

"Of course I am, mommy! I get it from you." I laugh and shake my head. This kid is something else.

"Ok, sure, now can you go get your dad for me?" Zach nods his head before giving me a brief hug.

"Yes mommy." He walks to the stairs and walks down them carefully before rushing off to Ryder's office. A few seconds later, a worried look Ryder makes his way up the stairs. He immediately comes to my side and starts inspecting me.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt? What's wrong?" I laugh at his frantic state and wrap my arms around his waist to calm him down. He wraps his arms around me with a confused look on his face.

"I'm fine, I just wanted to tell you something. Nothing is wrong." He lets out a sigh of relief and squeezes me.

"Ok, I was really worried for a minute."

"What did Zach say to you?" I ask while rubbing his back lightly. He closes his eyes and leans his forehead against mine.

"He said that I had to get to you quickly because there was an emergency." I roll my eyes and give him an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, I told him to go get you, but I didn't realize that he would make it sound like something was wrong." That kid loves being dramatic so I shouldn't be surprised that he decided to change the script at the last second.

"It's ok, I'm just glad you're safe. Now what is it that you wanted to tell me?" I pull back from him and he frowns at the loss of contact. I give him a smile as I grab his hand and place it on my stomach.

"How would you feel about being the father of a baby girl?" Ryder's jaw drops and his eyes go back and forth between my stomach and my eyes.

"You're joking," he says, his eyes wide and filled with disbelief. He runs his hand over my stomach and his eyes glaze over.

"Why would I joke about something like this? I'm being serious. Plus you can feel that I already have a small baby bump."

"You're telling me that not only are we having another baby, but that this baby is going to be a girl."

Oh gosh. Here we go again. He's going to keep asking the same question over and over again.

"Yes, Ryder, that's exactly what I'm saying."

"How far along are you?"

"I'm only 3 weeks along."

"So our baby girl should be here in about 3 or 4 months."