Chapter 27-Edited

Chapter 27

Ryder's POV

I wish my mind would shut up so I can get some sleep. Ever since I found out who P is, my mind has been going crazy.

I can't believe that my uncle is still alive, and I don't want to believe that he's the one that's been threatening my mate. It's hard to deny the facts though. I saw him with my own eyes so I know that he's here.

I should've known that it was him, I should've been more careful with who I let into the pack. I can't believe that he's been here all this time and I've never noticed. I feel so stupid. At least I know now so now I can protect my pack and mate a lot better.

This is why my pack usually kills trespassers as soon as they see them. Then, we don't have to worry about having spies in our midst. I'm not sure how he even got onto my territory. The only way that he could've gotten here is with the group of rogue and vampires that came with Elizabeth's parents. I'm not sure if Elizabeth's parents are good or not, so I'm going to have to keep a close eye on them too.

I've been so distracted that I haven't been paying attention to anything but this war with Zack and finding out who P is. Now that I know that it's my uncle, I can't help but feel like this is all my fault.

I should've known that it was my uncle. He always used to sign his letters with "-P" because he's always hated his name. I've put everyone in my pack, especially my mate, in danger by allowing him to be here.

"Brian, Chris, we need to have a meeting,"I say through the mindlink. The tone of my voice lets them know that I'm serious and that this meeting needs to happen now.

"Where would you like to meet, Alpha?" Brian asks

"The usual place," I say knowing that they'll understand.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes, I'm almost done with my patrol shift," Chris answers.

"See you guys soon." I cut the connection and sigh. I look over at my side and see my sleeping mate and a small smile makes its way onto my lips. I watch as she breathes in and out calmly. She has a small smile on her face, and she cuddles into my side. I brush her hair out of her face and run my hand along her soft cheek. She lets out a cute sigh before laying her head on my chest.

I'm glad that she's not afraid anymore. After I told her about my uncle, she was even more afraid then when we didn't know who P was. I hate that she's afraid and there's nothing I can do about it. I kiss her cheek gently before slipping out of bed. I tuck her in under the covers and write her a short note telling her that I'm having a meeting, but to mindlink me if she needs me.

"Jake?" I don't want Elizabeth to be completely alone, so I decided to mindlink her brother to see if he could watch her and protect her.

"Yes Alpha Ryder?"

"I need to have a meeting with some people, and I need you to watch Elizabeth for me."

"Of course, Alpha. I'll be there soon." I head down to the front door and pace back and forth. It only takes a few moments before I hear a knock on the door. I open the door and let Jake inside and up to the room Elizabeth and I are staying in.

"She just started sleeping, so she probably won't need anything for a while. If anything happens, mindlink me." Jake nods his head and glances towards Elizabeth's sleeping form.

"I'll be back as soon as I can," I say before slipping out of the room. I head down the hall and see Brian standing there.

"I figured I'd wait for you since we're going to the same place." I nod my head and we walk out of his house through the back entrance. Once we're outside, we shift into our wolf forms.