Chapter 5

EDITED

I'm now sat waiting for English to start and I wish I hadn't come into school. Aprils not here today as she's at the hospital for a yearly review thing meaning I'm stuck here on my own. The only bright side is that Mum had left early this morning. I'm still pissed off from last night and I know that Zekie was effected by it as well.

The class starts to fill with people. Most of them ignore me now. The novelty of the new girl having worn off. Well not quite everyone.

Eric walks into the room and starts smirking at me instantly. I can't help but stare at him. He's wearing black jeans and a plain white t-shirt. Some of the tattoos on his arms are on display as his usual black leather jacket is hanging over his shoulder. This boy is fit as fuck! A dick, but, fit as fuck none the less.

"Morning muppet! You like what you see?" He smirks

"Don't call me muppet" I glare at him

"I know you love it really"

I hate it. He's called me muppet for the last two weeks following an incident in the hallway.

Flashback
I'm standing at my locker signing to April about what we are going to do this evening.
She's decided that I need to go with the mall with her as I'm becoming a hermit. Personally I like hermits. The lifestyle... suits me.

Her alarm went a few minutes back but we were so caught up in conversation we both chose to ignore it.

Just then the actual bell goes and I realise that I need to get to class at the other end of the bloody school!

As I make a run for it I don't feel that Aprils bag is on top of my prosthetic foot until it is too late. I make a run for it but as I go to move I trip on the bag and see the floor coming towards my face.

Just before I make contact with the floor I feel a set of arms wrap around my waist pulling me into a chest. I look up only to meet Eric's eyes staring at my face.

"Careful there muppet. We don't want you hurting that pretty face"
End of flashback

From then the nickname was born, and the wanker won't stop using it.

"Right class everyone pay attention please" our English teacher shouts.

I've learnt recently that this tiny eccentric teacher was named Ms MacBeth Fitting I thought for an English teacher.

"You are going to get into pairs and complete a project on Tess of the D'Urbervilles. Once you have your pairs you'll need to come to the front and get the aim of your project from me"

I look around the room to see everyone else already has their pairs. Damn you April for not being here today.

"Oh Tavi as you don't have a partner you can go with Eric. He also seems to be missing one."

Great. Just great. Of course I'm stuck with this moron.

"Looks like your with me then muppet. Aren't you a lucky muppet?"

Oooo I'm gonna smack that smirk of his face in a second. Just deep breathes Taves, deep breathes.

"Look I don't need to pass this year so if you piss me off I have no issue throwing this project"

"Oooo aren't we feisty today muppet"

Just then Ms Macbeth walked over to us and handed us a piece of paper with our project title on.