Epilogue Part 1

You can do this. I repeat you can do this Octavia.

I have never felt more nervous before.

Eric and I both graduated University a couple of months ago. I am now a fully qualified clinical psychologist and Eric managed to et his engineering degree.

We both have jobs lined up for September now that we are qualified.

Eric has moved over to England with me. He surprised me by following me over here when I went to university.

Flashback

I have finally finished unpacking all of my stuff. I honestly didn't think that I had this much crap.

Suddenly I feel I paid of arms wrap themselves around my waist.

What the hell!!

I start to struggle and am just about to smack them where the sun doesn't shine when I hear laughter. What?

"Hello there muppet"

"Eric what the hell are you doing here?" I throw myself at him "don't you start today as well?"

"Yes muppet I do" he smirks

"Then why... oh"

"Oh is right Muppet. In taking My course in the U.K. they have scholarship with the company I want to work with. I didn't want to tell you in case I didn't get it but surprise!"

"This is an amazing surprise!" I shout

End Flashback

Five years later and we are still together. He's still a twat but he's my twat and that's not going to change.

I'm brought back to reality by my name being called. This is it.

My first world championships since I lost my leg.

Eric has been really supportive with helping me get back into professional martial arts. He helped me through the training and extra physio therapy. He was there when I won British champion and European champion and now he is here with me at worlds.

I flick my eyes over to the stand to see him sitting there watching me intently. He's rather cute actually.

"All right ladies, I want a clean fight. No contact below the belt and three warnings is a disqualification understood?" The referee shouts.

"Yes sir!" Myself and my competitor reply.

We step back behind our lines waiting for the signal to begin fighting.

Deep breathes. Deep breathes. Deep breathes.

"BEGIN" the referee shouts.

We slowly circle each other before she makes the first move. A side kick to my head but I block it. I follow it up with two jabs a side kick and a reverse spin kick.

"POINT" the referee shouts.

Ok come on Tavi. Two more points and you have one this.

We take position once more and begin the fight. This time she goes in for a punch first. Thank god Eric made me go to boxing classes as well.

I weave and duck her punches before bringing my knee up to her stomach.

"POINT"

One more point Tavi just one more. Don't get cocky you can do this.

Just as the third round begins my opponent sweep spin kicks my prosthetic leg causing me to fall to the floor.

What a bitch!

"Guess its true what they say then" she smirks.

"FIRST WARNING DO IT AGAIN AND YOUR OUT" the referee shouts at her.  

Oh that bitch is going to pay.

We take our places once more. Before she even has a chance to move I jump front kick her to the face.

"POINT, WE HAVE A WINNER"

They grab both of our hands and raise mine signifying my win to the audience. I now notice Greyson, Kyle, Jason, Zekie and April standing next to Eric all cheering.

Kyle and Jason got married last year while Zekie and April had an unexpected baby the year after we graduated high school. Meanwhile Greyson's best friend is still his hand.

I'm dragged off to the medal presenting area and given my 5 gold medals for the categories I have competed in.

"NOW I PRESENT OVERALL GRAND CHAMPION WITH THE MAXIMUM OF 100 POINTS OCTAVIA WATERS"

What? I have one the whole tournament! This can not get any better.

"WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT PEOPLE!"

I turn around to face the presenter. Announcements don't often happen here unless someone is hurt or a child is missing.

What I see when I turn around is a smiling Eric looking like a complete idiot.

"Tavi, I first met you 6 years ago when I saw you get of your bike when you first started at the school. You already looked strong and independent, but finally after months of effort you started to let me in. You let me be there for you while at you were always there for me"

"And now Muppet I couldn't imagine a world without you"

He gets into one knee.

"Muppet will you marry me"

He holds out a small silver wedding band with a single diamond in it.

I can't believe what's happening! I would never have thought that someone would want to marry me. Especially someone as amazing as Eric.

"Err... Muppet"

I look down to see a worried Eric. Oh shit I need to respond.

"Yes" I whisper

"What was that?"

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes." I shout as tears run down my face.

Eric picks me up and spins me around before placing me back on the floor and planting a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you Muppet"