Part XI

White Sands Trailer Park

Ben punched the wall with a furious strike that would’ve done major damage to a person. He was so mad he couldn’t see straight. The black pick up had outrun him this time. It wouldn’t happen again. And what was she doing with HIM? She’s not supposed to be with anyone else.

Dumb luck brought him to the diner that morning. When he saw her, he parked his car, and walked into the establishment. She left too quickly. She was frightened, no, terrified of him. “Good. She needs to be. She knows that I don’t let go of what’s mine.  I will have her back, even if I have to shoot another man to get to her.”

He had tried to move on. Melissa, with her tempting blue eyes and blonde hair, and that baby bump that spoke of her love for Mike, had stolen his heart. He’d tried to make her his. He didn’t think it fair to take her until she was free. The shotgun jerked at the last second and hit his shoulder. It was an accident. He meant to kill him. He had accidentally shot him in the shoulder instead.

He’d given up on Melissa when he realized Renee was living here. Ben knew her grandmother had lived in this area. Going down her dirt road was going to be difficult. There was only one way in and one way out. The neighbors would be watching for a stranger. He’d ditched the silver Honda for a red Ford Ranger so he would fit in better in this Mayberry-esk town. Paying the mechanic to fix it was easy enough. Asking around town, at the hospital, the grocery store, and other establishments made finding her a little more difficult than in the recent past. Internet, e-mail, and phones were all public record, so that part wasn’t difficult. Getting her back was. He was going to meet the challenge, and have what was his again. He’d call her tonight. She needs to know he hasn’t given up yet. With a laugh that could freeze a person’s blood, he left for town.

. . . . .

Joe Holbrook received an e-mail from Hart that next day. “What’s he been up to, anyway? I thought he was working on my bike?”

Joe was working as a liaison for the local police station and had been for the last two years, but, he had connections from his days in the Corps when he worked at the Pentagon.

Joe,

Hey man!  How’s it going? I need your help. I’ve got a friend that is being stalked by her ex-fiancé, and he is a very dangerous guy. I don’t want her to suffer at his hands again. He did horrible things to her and only served fourteen months for it. He also shot her fiancé in cold blood at Mt. Rainier Park. He’s a monster and she’s petrified of him.

If you know of anyone who can help us, that would be great. She means so much to me, and I don’t want her to be hurt by him ever again.

Take care,

Hart

Sounds like Hart’s got it bad for this one. It’s about time! Jolene had done him wrong when she left him at the altar. He needs a good woman. Joe had heard about the soldier being shot at Mt. Rainier National Park, and he was sickened by it. The guy got off on a mistrial.

Joe would call Adam later. Right now, he had about three calls to make. They’d bring this guy down: Marine Style!

. . . . .

Renee and Adam made it to the town of Parker, and found a nice city Park. They found a bench, and shared chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits with honey, sweet tea, and green beans. Before she ate, Renee bowed her head to pray. Adam took her hand, and said a prayer out loud. “Thank you, Father for this food, and help us to do Your will. Keep us safe from harm, and bring us closer to You. Amen.” “Amen! Thanks. I appreciate that prayer. How long have you been a Christian? I’ve heard you talking about God’s will and God leading.”