Chapter 2: Adopted

A/N: Good morning everyone~ ☀️

How's your day?
***

Harry POV:

It was like any other day in the Dursley household.

I was doing chores outside when Uncle Vernon called (well more like yelled at me) to get inside.

Once I saw him I knew I was going to get seriously hurt because his face was red and purple from anger (or maybe from the lack of oxygen). He looked like a purple walrus after walking down one flight of stairs.

"WHAT IS THIS YOU LITTLE FREAK?! I TOLD YOU TO CLEAN THIS HOUSE!" Uncle Vernon yelled.

I looked at him in the eye which was a huge mistake on my part when he unhooked his belt and yelled "YOU DISOBEYING LITTLE SHIT! WE SHOULD HAVE LEFT YOU AT AN ORPHANAGE!"

"BETTER YET, WE SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE!"

As he was yelling, I cowered and once the belt made contact with my skin, the front door burst open and this huge guy in a black suit tackled and pinned down uncle Vernon to the ground while this pretty woman walked in and started demanding answers from a pale looking aunt Petunia.

I watched as the police offers listened to the pretty woman and took aunt Petunia and uncle Vernon away with Dudley in tow. They were going to take me in for questioning but ceased their action when the woman halted them.

And to my surprise, they listened.

The pretty lady looked at me and asked me in a motherly voice (like how Mrs. Weasley used before) and introduced herself.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, who would've thought I had another living relative! Aunt Katherine knew my name and kneeled in front of me.

She was going to get her dress dirty, that dress looked like it cost more than anything I owned.

She started asking me questions and even asked to examine me, I was nervous but she sent be a calming smile and I let her. I stiffened when I heard her small gasp but what she told me surprised me and filled my chest with hope.

I couldn't help but to ask, "Really? They'll be gone forever?" I was excited and happy at the thought of never seeing them again before reality caught up to me.

"But where will I go?" I asked. I slightly flinched when she gently cupped my hand into hers.

"Would you like to come with me America and live with my husband and I?" I don't know what came over me but I started to cry.

She comforted me and promised me that should never willingly leave me, and that was a promise. I accepted her adoption, but then I hesitated and told her that I was a wizard and to my surprise she hugged me even tighter and told me she was a witch which shocked me.

It must have shown on my face because my new mother giggled.

The next thing I knew it, I lost conscience.

***

As I slowly gained consciousness, I looked around and noticed that I was in a big room, then I spotted Aunt Katherine who would become my new mother across the room talking to a group of people in muggle suits.

She saw me and walked over with the people in suits in tow, "Harry these people are from the Child Welfare agency and we are discussing your adoption, don't worry Harry these people are magical too", she told me as they continued on and told me there are two types of adoption a regular adoption and a blood adoption.

I asked her what is a blood adoption, "A blood adoption is where we have a potion and we mix our blood together into the potion and we both drink the potion, the potion with mix my DNA with yours and it would legally state that you are my blood child and no one can take you away from me and it will change some of your appearance and I must warn you it will hurt more than a bit", my new mother replied.

I looked at her and realized that everything would change in my life, then I thought over what she said about my appearance, it would change but the process would hurt.

Essentially I would be giving up my current identity for another.

I looked at my new mom and said I want the blood adoption. She smiled at me and I curiously asked her what I should call her, she said I could call her "mom". I thought about it and it finally hit me I really do have a new mother, a new family, and I started tearing up.

My mom looked a bit panicked and asked me what's wrong, I just shook my head and ran to hug her and thanked her. She looked down on me and gave me a kiss on the forehead and said I would always be her little boy.

It was in this moment, when I realized this is what a mother's love feels like.

We stayed hugging even when my mom talked to the agency, we would do the blood adoption in approximately 5 hours. So they left my mom with instructions (since she certified to handle dangerous potions) and the potion and bid us a happy life before leaving.

Katherine POV:

The Dursleys were sent to prison without needing a testimony from Harry, thankfully. With the help of the brat, the amount of dirt on the two was astronomical. Also, Dudley was adopted by his paternal aunt Marge so I didn't have to worry about him.

After the people from the agency left and they said they would come back after the transformation to finalize the adoption.

I told Harry that we would go on a shopping trip after the transformation, quietly pissed off when I learned he was wearing Dudley's hand-me-downs. Just how petty and selfish, were you Petunia?!

We then started talking about ourselves and lives. I found out that he had been abandoned on Petunia's doorstep and he recently found out that his Headmaster Dumbledore was the one who left him there.

I also learned that every one turned their backs on him and called him the next dark-lord in training, and when he told Dumbledore about it he just turned a blind eye on him and even convinced the other teachers to turn their back on him.

He was often bullied but he told me how this one pretty Slytherin girl named Daphne Greengrass, Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood and the Weasley twins helped him when the student body started getting physical and started throwing curses at him while the professors pretended they didn't see anything.

Harry also told me how his two former best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger were the ones who betrayed him and gossiped that he was a dark-lord in training.

He had also told me about the vivid dreams about his parents death and the abuse he was served under the Dursleys, after telling me this it looked like all this weight on his shoulder was lifted and he quietly cried into my chest.

I sat there thinking of ways on how to kill that senile old bastard Dumbledore. Strangle him with my bare hands? Fake homicide? Burn him alive? so many options.

Oh yes I knew Dumbledore. In the U.S. he was portrayed in a bad light for being a manipulative bastard and there was actual data that backed up that claim.

Meanwhile in Britain, people are more narrow minded and believed that Dumbledore was a rebirth of Merlin or something

He's not even in the top twenty strongest Wizards and Witches in the world, perhaps in Britain maybe but the world, no.

Delusional, all of them.

***
A/N: I want chocolate chip pancakes.