иιиєтєєи

Eliza took a deep breath and stared, hard a cold, at Hamilton. "You'll sleep in your office instead."
   He nodded slowly, tears beginning to rise in his eyes. I never saw him cry before. He wiped his face with his sleeve and darted to his office upstairs, slamming the door behind him.

~~~
a/n
get yo tissues

ten years later
ρнιℓιρ нαмιℓтσи'ѕ ρσν
I have many siblings.
First off, there's Y/N. She's thirty-three and is married to Lucas Jensen. They have two children, Amelia and Francis. Y/N isn't actually my blood sister, she was adopted by my father when she was fourteen.
   Then there's me, Philip. I'm nineteen and I'm a poet. I'm dating this amazing woman named Theodosia Burr Jr, even though my father and her father hate eachother. At the next ball, I'm planning on courting her.
   Angelica- also known as Angie- is fifteen.
   Alex Jr is ten. James is eight. John is six. William is four, and Elizabeth- also know as Liza- is two. My mother is pregnant, so theres another on the way. Hopefully the last.
   Anyways...
"Ladies, I'm looking for George Eacker. He made a speech last week talkin' bad about my father," I cooed, resting my elbow on one of the female's shoulder.
The other girl blushed. "I saw him going to see a play."
"I'll go visit his box then," I said cockily, cracking my knuckles. The woman who I had put my arm on swooned.
"Will I see you at the ball?" she asked.
I smirked. "I'm taken, ladies. But how about when I get back, we all strip down to our socks..."
They giggled and then ran off, chatting together. I laughed to myself and made my way to the theatre.

"Hey! George!" I shouted, darting into his box.
"Shut up, I'm tryina watch the show!" Eacker snapped back without turning his head.
I huffed. "You should have watched your mouth before talking about my father. I'll see you on the dueling ground."
"Ugh."
"That is if you want to go outside and duel now!"
"Did you hear me? Back off, I'm watchin' the show."

"Pops if you would only hear the things he said about you! I knew you would not let it slide and I wasn't about to. This is my very first duel, and they don't exactly cover this subject in boarding school."
Father took of his glasses and stood up from his desk with a sigh. "Slow down..."
"Can you lend me your guns or somethin' but just don't tell mom 'cause she doesn't like it when I have guns."
He went over to a drawer and took out two matching pistols. "Where is this happening?"
"Well everything is legal in New Jersey so we're doing it across the river. Can I have advice from you? I have no idea what I'm supposed to do."
He handed me the two guns. "Don't be nervous, stand up straight. Look him in the eye, and as soon as you start counting, raise your gun to the air and fire at ten."
"Um, shouldn't I kill him?"
"Philip!"
"Sorry, sorry."
Father gave me a death stare and sat back down at his desk. "Raise your gun to the air and fire at ten," he repeated, putting his glasses back on.
"W-what if he shoots me?" I asked.
"He won't."
"But what if he does?"
"He won't," he said again, more firm. "Go, you're going to be late."
He picked up his quill and continued writing as a signal for me to leave.

I gazed at the guns as I walked down the street.
"You don't have to do this, Pip," a voice said behind me.
"I can't back down," I said confidently.
They put their hand on my shoulder. "Pip-"
I shrugged it off. "Don't call me that."
"Sorry. Philip-"
I spun around to face the voice. "I'm not going to shoot him, and he's not going to shoot me. You don't have to worry about me anymore, Laurens."
John Laurens stared at me in the eye. "Your mother can't take another heart break."
"That happened ten years ago!"
"People are still talking about that pamphlet, especially Jefferson. It's his main source of blackmail and comebacks nowadays."
"I don't care about Jefferson, I care about my family. I'm protecting my father's honor," I snapped, turning on my heel. "God, you make me angry sometimes."
"Sorry, I just don't want you to get hurt," he stammered, chasing after me.
"Why do you care? You're dead anyways."
He stopped walking, hurt. I didn't look at him, but I could tell he was upset at me. "Fine, to get yourself killed. See if I care," he sneered, vanishing into thin air. I snorted, but on the inside I was dreading this moment.
I've never gotten into a fight with Laurens. And that may have been the last time I was able to talk to him.

"One, two..."
I slowly started raising my pistol, turning around.
"Three, four..."
We locked eyes. I was aiming at the sky.
"Five, six..."
He pointed his gun at me.
"Seven-"
boom.

a/n
hahaha I totally didn't make myself cry
ha
haha
uh
Anyways um I'm changing the name of the story to
яαιѕє α gℓαѕѕ тσ fяєє∂σм;; Adopted by A.Ham [Reader Insert]

petunia xx