тωєиту

"Y/N, a letter came in the mail for you from the hospital down the street," Luke called to me.
   I closed the book I was reading and stood from the couch. "Can you read it?"
   He cleared his throat, opening the envelope.
   "Mrs. Y/N L/N Hamilton Jensen,
   Your brother is wounded from a duel and he would be pleased if you were here to say one last goodbye."
   I didn't breathe. I snatched the letter and threw on my coat, racing outside. "I have to go. I'll be back by sundown."
   "Be careful," Luke shouted back to me. I nodded and kept running. My dress flowed behind me, and rain started drizzling down. Luckily the hospital wasn't too far, so I barged inside, my eyes wide.
   "Philip! I need to see Philip Hamilton!" I yelled to the desk receptionist. He looked at his paper and nodded.
   "Third door on the left-"
   "Thank you!" I said breathlessly and darted to the door. I flung it open to see my brother laying in a bed, breathing heavily. Blood trickled from his mouth, and I rushed over, my heart stopping.
   "Pip?" I squeaked. He looked over at me, but couldn't meet my eyes.
   "Y/N?" he chuckled, then coughed. "It took you long enough."
   "Philip, don't joke around at a time like this. What happened?" I sobbed, tears forming in my eyes.
   "I was dueling George Eacker..." he mumbled.
   "And father allowed that?"
   "Yeah. He encouraged me to go."
   Just then, Hamilton ran into he room, shaking. "Philip!"
   He ran to the bedside, immediately taking his son's hand. "Pa," Philip whispered, "I did what you told me to do, but he shot me."
   "I know, shh..."
   "You said he wouldn't shoot me."
   My father began to weep. "I know, I know. Don't talk, just save your strength. Stay alive for me."
   Philip nodded uneasily, and someone came through the door again. "No! My son!" Eliza shrieked. She practically teleported over and cupped his face with her hand and covered his wound on his side with the other.
   "Mom, I'm sorry," he coughed.
   "For what, darling? This wasn't your fault," she whispered. Blood was staining her hand.
   "I-I didn't count right."
   "It's okay," she murmured, "You're going to be okay. I promise."
   "Eliza..." my father mumbled.
   We both knew that was a promise she couldn't keep.
   "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six..." Eliza trailed off, wanting him to finish.
   "Sept, huit, neuf," he said, taking in a sharp breath.
   "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf."
   "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept..." Philip's eyes rolled back. "Y-Y/N..."
   Then nothing.
   Mother let out a bloodcurdling scream and buried her head into his chest.
   Father lowered his head, tears streaming down his cheeks.
   I stood silently, listening to the clock ticking.
Why was my name the last word he ever said?

a/n
I'm not crying, you are.
r i p

Haha ok anyways...
I'm reading this book and Madison is the villain. I'm also reading another book and Madison is ALSO the villain.
And I would like to rant about it :3 So if you don't want to bother hearing it, walk away now. Bye lol.
Ok so
WhY
James is legit a cinnamon roll who has a cold the whole show.
Why not make James Reynolds the main villain? At least Jefferson? Charles Lee?? King George??? But why Madison?
I love him ;~;;
He's even the one who was like, "Try to get Hamilton to endorse you cause he's great," so bRUH
He pretty much just went along with what Jefferson did, until he says," Don't laugh," when telling him to get Hamilton to vote for him. It's as if Thomas thinks his ideas are stupid and will just laugh at him. So why target Madison when there's much more villainous characters out there?
sorry I just *coUGh* had something in my throat

petunia xx
ps yes I know that the picture is the same from when laurens died lmao