тωєиту тωσ

I looked down at the hem of my dress, then over at the celebrating Jefferson and Madison. Burr was glaring at my father, hatred bubbling in his eyes. Hamilton was grinning slyly, arms crossed, and watching the crowd of people either shout or dance.
I smiled. "Everything's okay."

~~~

A little while later, a letter came into the mail. I was still staying with my family, mourning over my brother's death with them. Luke and the kids were back at home, and I'll be with them again in a week or so.
I picked it up, and it said it was from Aaron Burr. I waved it into my father's office. "Letter for you," I hummed, setting it on his desk.
He barely glanced at me and silently read it. After a moment of reading, his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance and he pulled out a fresh sheet of paper and began furiously writing.
"Father? What did it say?" I asked, beginning to worry.
"Nothing, dear, go help your mother," he mumbled.
I nodded, and walked downstairs. My mother was cooking dinner, since it was late in the afternoon. She smiled weakly at me. "Hello, Y/N."
"Hi mom. Father wanted me to help you."
She sighed. "That man does nothing but sit around and write. I miss him."
I nodded. "When I first met him, he was so kind and gentle. Now he's bossy and works too much," I scrunched up my nose. She bumped my hip with hers playfully.
   Suddenly a baby's wail came from a crib in the living room and she groaned. "Sorry sweetie, I better go see what Philip is crying about."
   My heart sank. "Mom... You do know he's..." I whispered.
   She walked away without looking at me. "I know. I named your new brother after him."
   I followed her and we loomed over a crying baby. "I see," I replied.
   She smiled a little bit. "I promise this is our last one."
   I giggled. "Yeah, you and dad just can't stop yourselves-"
   "Y/N!" she snapped, and I snickered. I fled to my room, but on the way, I noticed my father was out of his office. I slowly crept inside, and examined the letter he was writing.
   It was addressed to Aaron Burr. It was a comeback, so it seemed like they were fighting. I hope nothing bad happens.

a/n
Short chapter sorry lol, next will have much more drama.
Okay, a few chapters of my new story are up! It's called нι∂∂єи;; Hamilton mixed aus. Please go read it, it would seriously mean so much to me. Thanks.

petunia xx