Chapter Ten.

Tommy was exactly like I remember him. His short choppy brown hair was sticking up in different directions. His green eyes were sparkling identical to mine. I missed him so much, I was ready for his time with the army to be up. But I knew that wasn't going to happen anytime soon, even after his four tours to Iraq. He was just like our father, and had a duty that only being right in the action would fulfill. My father's so much that it killed him trying to save an elderly woman out of a burning building.

"How are you here?" I asked softly as Tommy pulled away from me, me placing my hands on his cheeks to see if he was really here. Tommy smiled at me before his eye line changed to Cameron who was still watching us from across the diner. "I emailed your boss asking for your time off since I was coming home early. Your boss decided to buy my plane ticket and set this surprise up for you."

I couldn't help but release my hold on Tommy and walk back over to Cameron. He stood when he saw me walking over to him, and chuckled when I threw my arms around his neck, pulling him down to my level to hug him even tighter. "Thank you" I whispered in his ear. His curly hair tickling my cheek every so often. I felt Cameron's large arms go around my waist and squeeze me tightly before I felt his head shift and his lips graze my ear.

"Anything for you Avery." He whispered before pulling away from me and looking back at my brother who was looking at the pair of us with raised eyebrows.

"Come meet Tommy" I said to Cameron before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards my brother.

"Cameron, this is my brother Tommy. Tommy, this is my boss Cameron James" I said introducing the pair of them. Tommy looked from me to Cameron before holding out his hand, Cameron not hesitating to place his in Tommy's and they firmly shook hands. A few greetings ensued after, before Tommy gave me a sad smile and placed his patrol cap onto his head.

"Are you leaving?" I asked sadly, Tommy nodded. "Sorry Ray, I've got to report back in a couple hours. But I wanted to see you first, We'll have to go see mom tomorrow though" Tommy said, and I felt my body stiffen at the thought of having to see that monster again. It was going to be torture to be in the same room with my mother, Maxwell and Tommy. But I would do it for Tommy, who hasn't seen mom in God knows how long.

Tommy still had no idea what happened between the three of us, and another thing I was scared of, was blurting it out while the four of us were dining over cheap beer and pizza. My mother would never dare touch a beer these days, but she would do it for Tommy, and Maxwell would just sit and watch the suds die down before sending it back and ordering something a little more his taste. Tommy however was the same down to earth man he always was. Who loved playing beer pong with his friends and had a duty to his country that anyone would be proud of. He was just so much like our father that looking up at him brought tears to my eyes at the mere memory of him.

"Don't cry Avery, you'll see me tomorrow" Tommy said with a chuckle as he reached out and wiped the tears that rolled down my cheeks. I felt Cameron's hand rest itself on my lower back, and felt myself leaning into his touch.

"I'm sorry, you just look so much like dad" I whispered. Tommy nodded knowingly before bending down and kissing my cheek and pulling me into a tight hug once more. "Love you sis" was the last thing he said to me before he ruffled my long hair, shook my bosses hand and walked out the door.

I sighed in contentment knowing my brother was here, he was alive. And then turned my attention to the amazing man who brought him to me. "I don't even know how to begin to thank you" I told Cameron who was leaning against a bar stool. Cameron smiled and shook his head before reaching out and grabbing my hand. "You coming with me is thank you enough" He said. And like clockwork, I blushed.