Chapter Fifteen.

My day dragged on and on, me wanting nothing more than to either pretend to be sick or fall asleep at my desk. I was dying to go home and crawl into my bed with a bowl of ice cream and shut out everything around me. Monday mornings were hell normally anyway, today was just ten times worse. I have had over a dozen phone calls from my mother, all sent to voice mail. All of them begging me to call her so we could talk about this, she could rot in hell for all I cared.

By five O'clock I was almost drooling over a pile of notes from one of Cameron's meetings. I barely got an hour of sleep the night before, and the only thing keeping me from breaking down once again was the perfect view I had of Cameron in his office. I could watch the way he ran his hands through his long dark hair when he was talking on the phone. I could salivate as I watched him chew slowly on the ends of his pens when he was typing away on his computer. The perfect specimen that was Cameron was the one thing keeping me together.

"Avery" I heard and I was jolted out of my semi-awake state of drooling on my desk. Cameron's voice called through the intercom on my desk and he nearly gave me a heart attack. I steadied my breathing before pressing the little black button on the desk phone to speak to him. "Yes Cameron" I answered and looked through my office window to see him waving the phone indicating me to pick it up.

"Are you alright?" He asked. It was odd chatting with him on the phone since I could see everything he was doing in the other room. I just nodded to him since he could see me anyway. "Just tired" i said.

"Will you come home with me?" He asked, and I saw him lean forward as if trying to be closer to me, the look in his eyes sent a shiver down my spine even from the other room. I found myself blushing and leaned into my hand. "Wont it look weird? You going home with your secretary."I asked him suddenly feeling worried how everyone in the office would perceive us if they saw the pair of us climb into his expensive car together.

"I own the company Avery, do you think I give two shits what anyone thinks?" His voice clipped to me over the phone. I sighed and spun around in my chair to see Cameron had set his phone on the desk and was standing right outside the window to my office. He had his head leaned against the glass, his fingertips resting beneath his head as if trying to reach me through a looking glass and couldn't get through.

The look in his eyes was indescribable, it was something I had never seen from a man looking at me before. It was overwhelming, it made me blush and I felt the sudden need to run through his office and rip his clothes off. I hung my phone up and stood, gathering my bags and files in my arms. I walked slowly over to the window before changing my mind and walking through the door to his office.

Cameron was still leaning against the window but had shifted and crossed his arms across his chest. "I want you in my bed Avery, I want to know you're safe" he sauntered over to me before running his fingertips down my cheek. I leaned into his touch and nipped playfully at his fingertips, a groan sounded from deep inside of him. "Let's go home" I whispered to him, he instantly smiled. He kissed the top of my head before packing up his desk and shutting down his computer. We shut off the lights to both offices before heading to the elevator, neither of us caring if anyone gave us strange looks or not.

Some ten minutes later and Cameron parked his car in the parking deck of his building. I didn't have any clothes with me for the day ahead, but I suddenly didn't care. Being with Cameron seemed to be enough for me. Cameron kissed the back of my hand he had been holding, before climbing out of the drivers seat. He opened my door for my like normal, and held my hand the entire way up to his pent house.

"Are you hungry?" He asked softly as he set his bag and keys on his kitchen counter. I really was starving, I skipped lunch not having any appetite this afternoon, that was catching up with me now. "Starving, I skipped lunch" I said, my stomach grumbling.