To Wake

Xavier lands without problem in an allied pack near Chekalin. He gets off after safely turns off the big aircraft and soon straps it down.

"Alpha Raven, so nice to finally meet you in person." Says a very heavily accented man behind him. Xavier turns to see Alpha Demidov.

"And you Alpha Demidov." Xavier says with a slight bow of his head.

"I won't keep you here I can tell you're antsy to get on with your secret mission." Demidov says with a kind smile. He was going to retire soon, his son will be taking his place as alpha.

"Thank you." With that Xavier shifted, grabbed his duffle in his wolf mouth, and ran.

An hour and a half later he reached the small town of Chekalin. He felt relieved as he had found a river where Xavier drank greedily. After quenching his thirst, Xavier shifts back into his human form quickly getting into his clothes. There was a soft cool breeze sifting around the woods and Xavier. Xavier walks to the edge where he sees the small town, taking a deep breath he recognizes a scent; Patrick was still here.

Xavier walks forward as if he knew exactly where he was going, when in reality he had never stepped foot there ever and was only following his nose.

The houses all looked the same, a few would differ if only slightly by the paint color. Some had windows poorly boarded up where as others had nicely trimmed and kept bushes behind their picket fence.

Three minutes into the walk Xavier reaches a store, or really a bakery/ restaurant. The outside looked awful and brown, with a rundown sign that said, 'Rick's Goodies' but of course in Russian. Inside however, it was quite nice with nice creamy colors with splashes of a light pink around. On the two to five person tables were ballerina figurines frozen in a perfect dance.

"My daughter picked out the decor, my wife just made it looked good." Says a quiet voice in back, the comment is followed by a laugh that ends in a cough. "Well you just going to stand by the door or are you going to come here and let an old man see you."

Without hesitation Xavier moves towards the pink candy striped front counter where the old man was holding on to. The old man freezes as he slowly stands straighter, and within seconds his disguise is melting away revealing the same looking man as the day Diana brought him back.

"What are you doing here?" He whisper yells moving into the back waving for Xavier to follow.

"I need your help." Is all Xavier says as he follows Patrick.

"Well I don't care. This is my life, I just want to live in peace. I don't practice in the Dark Sorcery anymore, not since..." he swallows remembering when his wife was held captive as he and his daughter were forced to do the Hunter and Rogues bidding.

"I know. But that needs to change. The world is in danger." Xavier says, not mentioning Diana knowing Patrick would just chalk off the "world being in danger" as him being love sick.

"Why would I care? My family died years a ago, I've spent my life pretending to be a new man every decade without my family."

"Listen. Would your wife approve of you turning me down before even hearing me out?" Xavier reasons with Patrick. Patrick sighs but concedes, he sits down across of an standing Xavier.

"Sit." Patrick says lazily waving his hand causing a stool to slide in front of Xavier. Xav bites his tongue to keep from snapping at Patrick for commanding an alpha. "Now how did you find me?"

"Diana." Xavier says making Patrick turn to Xavier.

"I'm being serious-"

"And so am I when I say Diana. She left me a note on an old map." Xavier says staring at Patrick with honesty.

"Oh well that makes more sense then what I thought you meant. Anyways, what is it you will need from me?" Patrick asks Xavier ready to listen.

"Well, I know what you need to do, but i don't know how you are to do it." Xavier says scratching his neck. "If that makes sense..."

"Yes it does. But what do you need me to do then?" Patrick says preparing himself for the worst.

"I need you to bring back Diana-" but before Xavier can even finish Patrick interrupts.

"No. You know that to bring back a life, costs a life. And you also know, if not better than I, that Diana would never be okay with that. If she was supposed to live she would've, now you n-" it was Xavier's turn to interrupt.

"You didn't let me finish dämmit." Patrick shits up at Xavier's kind of out burst. "Here's the thing, I don't think she actually died. I think she was just kind of put into a deep deep slumber to keep her alive this long."

"Now why in hell would she need to be 'alive' this long?" Patrick says humoring Xavier for a little while.

"Because I believe Lucifer, whoever that might be; the devil, some evil guy, or demon, whatever, is coming to earth and I think Diana needs to be here to save us again." Xavier explains calmly.

"And who told you this?" Patrick asks.

"Well indirectly the Moon at first, then recently a man who told me to find you." Xavier understands he sounds crazy, but he won't give up.

"Xavier..." Patrick runs his hands through his hair with a sigh.

"Even if she isn't dead, in order to wake her up it'd take amazing amounts of energy from her and an outside force, someone besides me that has lived for at least 200 years." Patrick stops as does Xavier.

"Me. It's why she stopped my aging... I'm supposed to help wake Diana."

~•~•~

Double post bītchessssss woot woot. Sorry you aren't bitches. You're lovely people lol thank you for reading!!