Two Sides

When I see Zed the relief in the air was palpable. Seeing his grin made me smile with hope as I see him hold out a book for me.

"I wasn't allowed to look at it. Only you can." He whispers breathlessly. I take the book, my bony arm cracks as I extend it out. I see his sorrow at my state. "I'm sorry Diana... I should've been he-" I wave off his apology.

"Please don't. This is the best thing we could've gotten." I crack open the book as he steps away so I could read. As I scan over the pages everything makes sense. It all clicks in my head as a smile stretches across my face. Zed meets my eyes with his, "This is it. This is the key."

Zed laughs and wraps his arms around me, careful to not snap my frail bones. "We are going to do this." He whispers fiercely in my ear. I squeeze as hard as my weak body could.

"I know." I whisper back.

Day Of the Ball

I was still skeletal looking; my cheeks and eyes hollow, collar bone sharper than it should be, elbows and knees bonier, every single rib visible, and my hips were just a bike with skin wrapped around it. Lucifer had a Healer come and fix up the bruises and cuts he'd left over and made sure I'd last the night.

My dress was a simple white silk gown that fell down to right above my knees, with a layer of white lace over it that reached my knees exactly. It didn't curve against my body, in fact it hid it but as I looked in the mirror I see that it made me look innocent, vulnerable; especially with my weakened body.

My door breaks open with a soft knock and I know it's Zed. I step away from the dirty mirror and turn towards Zed who was decked out in a black on black tuxedo. He looked nice, but all I could imagine was Xavier in one exactly like it. I blink back tears and force a smile on my face as I look at Zed.

"You ready Diana?" He murmurs holding out a strong hand. My small frail one grips his as a little kid would grip their father's hand.

"I am." I croak out. My bare feet pad against the floor as his dress shoes make soft thumps. We leave my room and I feel rather than hear the ball. The vibrations crawl their way up through the ground and hit my feet. "We can do this right?" I ask suddenly nervous as he leads me down the stairs.

"Yes we can. You have everything you need, we can beat this." He squeezes my hand gently as I hobble on. Slowly I feel my heart calm down as we approach the grand double doors. The demon guards sneer at me, snake like tongues slithering out. "Enough!" Zed growls out at them. "She's for the Seven so I suggest you back off." Hearing the mention of the seven, the two guards snap their mouths closed and open up the doors for us.

The eerily melancholy music reaches my ears. Every guest turns to watch as Zed leads me down. I see out of the corner of my eyes he has on his simple smirk, lustful eyes, and confident stride. I keep my back straight as I scowl at everyone who meets my gaze. I feel my canine grow and my nails sharpen. Zed realizing this, gently squeezes my hands to warn me.

Taking deep breaths I stop my transformation and keep walking. The crowd parts as Zed and I make our way to a table holding seven powerful men. In the middle was Lucifer, to his right Satan and to his left was Asmodeus. The three were the powerful ones, I could see the energy practically radiating off them.

To Satan's side was Beelzebub, who paid us no attention as he was scarfing down everything in front of him, he was grotesque. Next to Beelzebub was Leviathan; he was monstrous and I could see chains holding him down as he snapped and struggled to get to not just me but anyone he could reach. Sharp teeth gnashing, muscles bulging in his struggle to free himself.

To Asmodeus's side was Mammon, he looked normal enough save for the fact he had horns sprouting on the top of his head forming a sort of crown. Finally on the end was Belphegor, who looked as If he was falling asleep, he had dark almost coal black skin that looked to crack every time he shifted or moved.