Ílios

Without hesitation I slide the daggers out from their hidden sheath and make my way to Lucifer after tucking the journal away beneath my dress/coat. Once close enough we engage in hand to hand combat. It seems I'm being scratched by invisible claws, seeing me in danger the supernaturals converge to try and take down Lucifer. With an angry roar she shoots up ink the sky, shadow like wings flapping furiously.

"How dare you fools! Attack your creator! Your father!" He screeches. Not wanting to her anymore, I shoot my hands out, bright light and power streams out and wraps around Lucifer in the air.

"LEAVE!" And with that single word he vanishes with an angry scream.

A woman turns to me, wiping her face. "What did he mean by 'creator' and 'father'?"

"I- I don't know."

~•~•~

I sit in the cluttered office, on the floor, holding the journal. Xavier ordered everyone to leave me alone. I've been sitting here for over an hour and a half. I don't know why I don't seem to want to open it, it doesn't make sense. But I need to open it... I think I'm just afraid to see what's inside. I tiredly grab the bridge of my nose with my thumb and pointer finger. With one last sigh, I release my nose and slowly open the book.

On the first page in beautiful font, it reads,

Supernaturals: Their Origin

I begin to read.

In the beginning God made earth. Then human beings. Now, all things know the story of how Lucifer fell from grace. But no one really knows how we, supernaturals, came to be.

My name is Evangeline Coralsyth. The first ever Oracle; today I was given my first vision. The vision of our start. I've been instructed to record what I've seen. So here is the very beginning.

Once Lucifer fell, he created a beautiful woman. He laid with the woman and called her Lilith. She bared him many children; Supernaturals. It seemed with every birth came a new species. But as time went on, Lucifer sent Lilith out to poison the hearts of men. In retaliation, God sent a man by the name of Ílios; He was the sun. In a great battle, Lilith and Ílios met when Lilith fell. Ílios, rather then killing her, took her away to nurture back to health. They fell in love, but soon realized what they had both done. Lilith ran back to Lucifer, thoughts on Ílios, she was ready to keep what had happened a secret to save her love. Her plans however were ruined when she walked to meet Lucifer, he heard a heartbeat. A strong one, one that was not of his.

Lilith was with child, and Ílios was the father. Lilith knew her mistake and tried to run. Lucifer caught her however and for weeks tortured her. Trying to kill the child within her. But Lilith was strong, strong enough to wait. Ílios heard news of this, and immediately went to save his love and his unborn child. Successful in the rescue he took his new family and hid months on end. They avoided Lucifer, that is until the night of their child's birth.

Lilith gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. When she opened her eyes, they seemed to hold the light of the moon. In that moment, Lilith spoke her first and last word to her daughter.

"Luna."

Lucifer having found them soon after, struck down. This strike killed the already weakened Lilith. In her arms, Luna cries, as Ílios fights Lucifer. Eventually Ílios makes a choice, a choice that ruins his chance of giving his daughter a normal life. In the small dark cave, Ílios gives the last of his power, his power that made him this human form, to banish Lucifer.

In a blast of bright light, both celestial beings vanished. One to hell, and one to the sun where he would rule over the light of day. Luna cries calm into nothing as a whispered voice fills the dark cave.

"Come my daughter, join me in the stars."

So this new life, that never got to live, died; and was reborn as a goddess.

It was fitting, I thought, that the daughter of Lilith, created in darkness, and of Ílios, created in light, should rule as the sole light in the night; as the moon.

She took over the ropes of us supernaturals. And instead of leading us into darkness, she leads us to her bright silver light. So, though she may have not created us, she made us who we are. She is the reason we didn't fall into darkness. And for that I'm grateful... but because of this Lucifer seeks revenge on the Moon. Since he can't kill the sun, he'll kill his daughter. The one that rules over the moon.

One last thing. To whoever is reading this, their is one thing that can kill Lucifer. Now, it won't eliminate the darkness in the world, that will always be there, but it will get him to finally be at peace.

The true light of the Moon's.

And with that, I leave you this:

Don't fear the dark, for it's who we are. Instead, chase the light, for its who we came to be.

- Evangeline Coralsyth

~•~•~

Short chapter, but I think it was a good place to end. Sorry lol BUT HEY. double update!! Woot a toot toot!!