27| if you have children someday

SITTING AT THE edge of her bed and biting her nails was what Cait did best

     SITTING AT THE edge of her bed and biting her nails was what Cait did best. She had somehow managed to bite them down so far that they were bleeding. It was worse than when Keneti and her broke up.

After being discharged and staying with her mother for a few weeks, she finally flew back to her small apartment in Vancouver. It had been a couple of days and it had somehow morphed back into the shared apartment she once shared with KJ. Although they hadn't put a label on their relationship, they enjoyed each other's company. Cait felt she was walking on egg shells some of the time but she was glad to have him back in her arms.

She called the gang around to break the news. She didn't want to do it but she knew they would notice her stomach growing at a rapid rate.

"Four months," Hart spoke with his mouth hanging open, "how did you not know you've been pregnant for four months."

"Well, it was two and a half months when i fou-"

"Yeah, yeah. I thought your periods stopped or something when you form little people," Charles shouted and pointed over to Hart, agreeing with his comment.

"I guess i was just-"

"And it's definitely the carrots?" Shawn raised his eyebrow at his best friend. Cait wanted him there with the rest of them when she said so she flew him out to meet her. Obviously his first reaction was that she was dying. He was quickly relieved of that worry when they reached her apartment.

"Guys," KJ spoke threw gritted teeth showing his reaction to the previous comment, "why don't you let Cait finish before you ask the next question."

The young woman gave a smile of thanks before speaking, "I was two and a half months when the doctor said and I didn't know because I usually skip a couple of periods sometimes so I didn't realise," she spoke all in one breath.

"Cait, can I speak with you a second?" The question came from a certain blonde at the end of the room.

     They both shuffled through the mass of people before entering her room and locking the door.

     "Did the condom break?"

     "I was going to ask you the same thing."

     "I mean, do boys not, like, notice if it, I don't know, snaps?" Cait ran her hand through her hair.

     "Do you think I'm the father?" He raised his eyebrow.

     "I know you're the father," Cait could barely get through her sentence without laughing.

     "I'm serious though," he spoke after a few moments of chuckling, "you're certain he's the father?"

     "We only started sleeping together again after we broke up; by that time i was already a couple weeks pregnant."

     Their was a moment of silence between the two for a few seconds.

     "I really am happy for you," he beamed down at her, "and I won't tell KJ about our shenanigans. I'll be kind and wait until the wedding."

     Cait playfully punched the man before holding him in a tight embrace.

     "I love you, Neels."

     "I love you, too," he planted a soft kiss on her head, "and I have dibs on godfather."

     "Too late, Cole shouted shotgun on the plane. Near caused an emergency landing."

     The pair made their way back into the small soirée with Cait planted herself on KJ's lap. Her frail hands wrapped around his neck and she gave him a quick kiss.

     Shouts from the other side of the room made the two pull away from each other and spin their heads around to the noise.

     "Can we see the bump," Camila spoke through a large grin on her face which was accompanied with a series of excited claps.

    Cait pushes off of KJ and stood the the middle of the room and commenced to take of her jumper leaving her in an undershirt. She carefully pulled up the her to the bottom of her bra showing the group the small emerging bump.

     Cait carefully rubbed her hand along her stomach as it finally hit her that she was going to be a mother. It wasn't what she had planned at twenty two but here she was and she wouldn't change anything for the world.

     She snapped out of her reverie when a light flash and she looked up to KJ sneaking a photo of her. She glared him down for a moment before softly smiling.

     Cait barley heard the other guys cooing over her unborn child because right then to her there was only three people in the room.

- • -

[04.MAR.18]