31| nervously pulling at my clothes

CAIT STARTED TO pace her room endlessly

     CAIT STARTED TO pace her room endlessly. All the questions and comments were flooding through her head. Was she prepared to have this baby? Was she emotionally ready?

     Before she could think of answers, there was a knock on the door. Keneti's head slipped through and he dazzled her with one of his smiles.

     "They came on a bit strong, didn't they?" he chuckled making the young woman smile.

     "Do you think we're ready? Like properly ready to bring a child into this world and raise it right," Cait mumbled.

     Without a moment of hesitation, Keneti stalked forward and pulled Cait into a soft embrace. The familiar scent of vanilla and honey danced through her nose and she buried her face deep into his neck and pulled him tight.

     "If there is one thing I know, it's that you are going to be a great mother and our child is not going to know anything but love, kindness and compassion," KJ whispered into her ear.

     "How do you know?" Cait's voice was rather weak and shaky.

     "Because she'll get it from you."

     Cait's mouth twitched into a large grin that she couldn't quite get off her face. When she pulled out of the embrace, she brought her hands up to his face and slowly caressed her fingers along his jawline.

     "What did I do to deserve you?" she whispered.

     "I think it should be the other way round, Trina," he chuckled.

Keneti knew the woman hated his nickname for her but at this moment - this moment right here - she never felt more loved.

     The young lovers (although they decided on ending it) held each other for a moment before going back to there daily lives.

     Cait couldn't help but think that this was it; this was her family and nothing could ever change that.

- • -

[27.MAR.18]

an update for y'all because i was feeling the love and decided to give you another because it's ya girl's birthday.