Good Friends (Chapters 15 & 16)

Sorry for the wait, here it is!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 15: Good Friends

By the time i woke up mike had already gone to work and the only person that was home was Natalie. I can’t go to school today, since i'd been kicked out. I bet by the time its break im going to get tons of texts demanding to know where i am.

“Good morning,” someone said behind me. I turned to see it was Natalie in a short bathrobe.

“Hi” I yawned.

“Wow, you’re a heavy sleeper”

I wanted to tell her that it wasn’t me that was the heavy sleeper but the baby, but she might not even know that i was pregnant.

So i just nodded with a weak smile. For a moment she looked a bit fidgety before saying

“Uh, Mike’s in the bathroom right now, so you’ll have to wait. Don’t worry because I’ve already taken a bath”

Typical. I thought to myself. Mike always HAD to have a bath before me

“Okay” I said.

She nodded before walking out of the living room leaving me alone.

The living room seemed so quiet so i switched the TV on. After switching through all the daytime TV shows I rested on Jeremy Kyle USA.

“It’s not that you couldn’t cope to be a good parent it’s the fact you wasn’t there for her!” He shouted at some fat lady in a red top with the audience clapping and whooping at his comment. After watching Jeremy Kyle my BB buzzed in my blazer pocket. Someone was calling me.

I picked up the phone before even reading who it was.

“Hello?”

“Jessica.” A familiar voice down the line responds. It was unquestionably Kitty.

“Kit” i answered coldly. I still remembered the little ‘disagreement’ we had when i tried to help her. Why was she even calling me?

“Where are you? You weren’t in school today and i just –“

“I’m at my brother’s house. Why do you care?”

“Look Jessica I’m sorry about yesterday, i wasn’t myself, honestly. And just hear me out okay? I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, you were trying to help and i let you down.” I could hear sniffing on the other line.

I sighed. “It’s okay Kit.”

“You mean that Jess? Oh thank you thank you thank you!”  She squealed down the other line which made me smile.

“You coming to school still?” she asked.

“Nope, i feel a bit ill.” I lied.

“Okay, we’ll talk on Facebook yeah?”

“Okay. Bye Kit!”

“Bye Jess love yah!”

She hung up and i put the phone down. Just then Mike sauntered into the room. He looked quite smart, wearing a grey wool jumper with plain buttons, dark blue jeans and shocking white Nike trainers. His brunette hair was perfectly brushed which doesn’t happen often.

“Where are you going?” i asked.

“Work. I’ve got an interview with this guy, he wants to hear some tracks”