Keep Strong (Chapters 19 & 20)

Wow! did my exam! I think i did well you know! :) I hope you enjoy these chapters

BTW : Chapter 20 is like that for a special reason :o)

---------------------

Chapter 19 – New Home

“Are you sure your parents are alright with this?” i asked in Lewis’s car. It was 9pm but the sky was already dark.

“Of course! I’ve told them loads about you and they can’t wait to meet you” he grinned at me.

We were outside the gates of his house, it was a mansion! It was painted white and light blue and had different outdoor ornaments and lights placed around the driveway. I tried not to stare in awe. But I was so nervous. I had just moved out of Mikes since he was having a hard time looking after me and since Lewis had suggested that I could live with his family and after a while of thinking, I felt it would be the right decision. I knew his family were rich but i wasn’t expecting this!

I looked at the open windows showing some light through the room and i could make out a family watching TV. I was so nervous, hundreds of questions were buzzing through my head. Was this a trap? Did they even want me there? Are they just being nice?

“Don’t worry, my parents will love you” Lewis assured me cutting through my depressing thoughts. I blushed at the comment.

“You are so cute when you blush” he smiled which made me blush more.

“Are you ready to go in?” he asked.

I exhaled deeply then nodded and followed him out of the car. We silently walked up the driveway to the front door pulling my suitcase and bag with me.

I watched as he pushed the key into the lock.

The corridor was filled with gentle light and had pictures of amazing artwork and family photos. My eyes met a photo of Lewis in primary school grinning with missing teeth. He even looked cute with missing teeth.

“Don’t watch that” he chuckled noticing me smile at the photo.

“Lewis your home! Where have you been hun?” a tall middle aged lady sauntered

Into the living room. She looked just like Lewis but had brown shiny waves reaching her shoulders. Her twinkling hazel eyes stood out from her beautiful glow. She looked amazing.

“I’ve been with Jessica” He replied wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

She beamed at me and gave me a huge hug which completely startled me. “I’ve heard so much about you! Oh come in come in! Juan! How could you let her carry the suitcase and bags?” She said pulling me gently into the living room.

“Juan?” I asked puzzled.

“My Spanish name” he muttered pulling my stuff upstairs.