A step too far (Chapters 29 & 30)

Wow! Thank you SO much to you guys who are reading! my book has reached over 10,000 reads! 10,000!! i have to thank you guys! you must be advertising my story or something because I never expected so many people to read it! I've been really busy, stressed and emotional for the last couple of days BUT this book has been one of the reasons why I chose to carry ob.

To keep my head up.

What ever youre going through, keep YOUR head up too! Because no matter what YOU are worth it! May God Bless you :D  Anyways onto the next chapter :) (Vote Comment ! <3 )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29 – Enough is enough!

Vicky’s cold eyes bore right into my own. It was as if she weren’t staring at me, but through me, like she was searching for any sign of weakness. Her negative and hateful attitude conjured up an unfamiliar, angry emotion to boil in me. It was as if all these years of betrayal, hurt and pain she put me through triggered the foreign anger.

“What.do.you.want Vicky” I spat clenching my fists till my knuckles were white.

“Now, now, that’s not good for the baby” she taunted “I would have thought that they would have taught you something at that Prego dump”

I resisted the urge to smack that piled on cheap foundation right off her face.

“What do you want Vicky” I repeated

“What? I would have thought you would have enjoyed my company, Lewis sure does” she smirked.

I ground my teeth in the hope of stopping the words escaping my mouth, but it was useless.

“Aren’t you the ‘worthless sket’ to Lewis? You and I both know you’re only good for one thing”

I could tell that hit home. Lewis called her that when she was pregnant at 14 and when he broke up with her. I didn’t regret saying that.

She breathed out.

“I see your getting some attitude, and getting some weight. If you think Lewis is going to stay with you then you must be on crack” that really set me off.  She turned to walk away but I grabbed her by the collar of her top.

“Go on Jess, go on!” she laughed avragating me even more.

My face was millimetres away from hers.

“Do not mess with me Vicky, ever.” I said in a low voice.

“Or what Jess what are you going to do?! Huh!? I’m going to get Lewis back just you wai-“

I punched her on the jaw sending her stumbling back a few steps.

I looked back at my fist shocked at what I’d just done.

I looked back at Vicky; she looked equally shocked as I was.

“Jessica!?” she said startled. She tried to smack me across my face but I caught her hand with my own.

She pushed me hard with her free hand into a big bush.

I tried to get up but it was hard because I’m pregnant.

“Get up then Jess, or is that your baby is holding you down? Yeah, that’s it. Your baby will hold you down so much that Lewis will come running back to me”