Mother's Intuition

You and Jimin screech and roll opposite ways from each other, and you're barely able to stop yourself from going all the way to the floor.
Jimin isn't so lucky.
You hear the solid thump of him smacking against the ground, followed by his groan of pain and misery. Although you want to go check on him, you're too busy keeping your horrified gaze locked on Jin.
Yeah, Jungkook caught you and Jimin cuddling in his bed, but this is a whole different story. Jin caught you doing stuff.
The older man stomps into the room with a childish, victorious smirk spread across his perfect rosebud mouth. "I knew it," he says again. "It was my mother's intuition."
Jimin's head pops up over the side of the bed. He glares at Jin, lips curled up in anger.
"What the heck, hyung?! Were you just waiting outside the door?" Jimin scoffs in disbelief, climbing up to sit beside you in the bed. "Great, I've been violated by two perverts tonight."
Ouch.
You bite your lip, mortified. Did he really have to say that? You think you might cry.
Jimin notices your expression and softens, scooting up close to you and sliding his hand over yours. "I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean it like that."
Jin watches the exchange closely, confused. "I was still up, and I heard some banging against the wall. It's not my fault you guys are loud. So what? You're dating?"
Banging against the wall?
You and Jimin both automatically turn to look at the headboard and see that there are indeed some small dents in the sheet rock.
Your already red cheeks burst into humiliated flames.
You were so focused on Jimin that you didn't even notice your actions causing the headboard to hit the wall.
The corner of Jimin's lips tilt up into a small smirk, and he leans toward you.
"Baby," he purrs in your ear. "That's kind of hot."
Ignoring him, you consider the other question Jin threw at you.
And are you dating?
Looking at Jimin as he inspects the new marks in his bedroom wall, you realize that neither of you have talked about it before. You've both established feelings for each other, but you haven't actually... defined it.
What are you to him?
Reluctantly tearing his gaze from the wall, Jimin faces Jin again with exasperation.
"Yes, hyung," he sighs. "We're dating."
Working to hold back the massive smile threatening to overtake your face, you bite your lip as Jimin intertwined his fingers with yours. Both of you sit and wait for Jin's reaction.
It isn't what you're expecting.
"The two of you are soooo cute!"
You're encompassed in a bone-crushing hug, folded into Jin's long arms and smushed against Jimin.
"A forbidden love story between two enemies!" Jin wails. "It's like a kdrama come to life! Someone's captured my little Jiminie's stone-cold heart! This is the best thing that's ever happened to me!"
Your lack of oxygen due to the older man's suffocating embrace makes you wheeze.
"Hyung," Jimin squeaks. "Listen, you can't tell anyone! Nobody but Jungkook knows, and Tae and Yoongi hyung don't approve!"
Jin releases you, glaring. "Really?" he seethes. "You told that yellow baby before me?"
So Jungkook didn't tell him. Jin figured it out on his own by luck, chance and coincidence.
But...
Yellow baby?
Seeing your confusion, Jimin smiles sheepishly.
"Jungkook's the golden maknae," he explains. "He can do everything."
"Wrong!" Jin flops into the bed between you, forcing you and Jimin apart and throwing his arms over your shoulders. "Jungkookie can't keep a secret like I can."
The brunette winks at you, then hops up again.
"I won't interrupt you anymore," he tells you slyly. "So you can return to your kissy-kissy, but be responsible! Don't do anything I wouldn't let Jungkookie do!"
With that, he flounces out of the room.
You and Jimin turn to each other.
"I don't even understand what just happened," he says simply, and you nod in agreement.
Whatever it was, you're safe for now.

***

Jimin's POV

Jimin isn't stupid.
He may be a little air-headed sometimes, but he has a brain and makes a point to use it well on a regular basis. But he thinks that he made a mistake.
What he really should've used that brain for, instead of formulating new homework for his students or working out that one math problem no one could get, was making up an excuse to not let Jin know about his and Y/N's relationship.
It isn't that he's worried about the older man tattling on them intentionally.
In fact, it's quite the opposite.
He's worried about Jin shipping him and Y/N so hard that he accidentally fangirls to one of the housemates.
Jin's right about one thing; Jungkook can't keep a secret like Jin can.
Because Jungkoook can actually keep a secret.
The first time he realizes his mistake is the day that he has Y/N cornered in the hallway bathroom and is showering her beautiful face with playful kisses and love bites. The action is bringing out that cute giggle of hers that he loves so much.
Although an angry Y/N turns him on like nothing else, cute and happy Y/N makes him feel like he can fly.
Just as he goes to nuzzle her jaw, he hears something.
Whispers, coming from the hallway.
The whispers of two men who think they're being quiet.
"Look at them, aren't they just adorable?"
"Aww, they're so happy! Look at Jiminie's smile!"
Said man draws back from the girl in front of him, sweeping his thumb across her cheek. "Wait a second, baby," he says gently. Then he sprints to the door and throws it open, revealing Jin and Hoseok still-crouched outside the doorway in the perfect position to look through the keyhole.
Both of the startled men gape up at him in total shock, caught red-handed.
"Hyung," Jimin seethes to Jin. "What are you doing?"
Before Jin can reply with a sheepish smile, Hoseok hurls himself at the younger man and wraps his long arms around his neck.
"You're so precious, look at how happy you are Jiminie!"
With a searing scowl directed at Jin, Jimin huffs, "Hyung, you don't tell anyone. Anyone."
Then, gritting his teeth and shrugging out of Hoseok's arms, Jimin grabs Y/N's hand and stomps all the way back to his room.
And that's only how the first one found out.
Solwly, one by one, Jimin can see the difference in the gazes of his housemates. Namjoon hyung has started to give him this knowing little smile whenever Y/N and him go to bed in the general vicinity of one another. Jungkook watches both of them with wide, warning eyes almost constantly, Jin's gaze glowy and dreamy. He can see Hoseok hyung hiding mega-watt smiles every time Jimin nears him.
It's infuriating, but at the same time, gratifying. Proof that his relationship with Y/N isn't a totally rejected idea among his brothers.
He's still angry at Jin for not keeping the promise like he was supposed to, but maybe things will turn out the better because of it. Jimin appreciates the support of the other four behind his back.
Now he just has to get Taehyung on board, and they can tackle the real problem together.
Yoongi.

[A/N]
Unedited