Redo

Jimin's POV

"Tell her."
"Hyung-"
"You need to go tell her."
"Hung, listen, I-"
"Jimin, tell her!"
"I CAN'T!"
Jimin buries his fingers in his hair, misery painted across his face as he sits across from Yoongi and Namjoon.
The two older men had pulled him into the kitchen only moments before, sitting him down in a chair and placing themselves across the table from him.
Jimin knows why.
He's been sulking around for days, having his own personal pity party as he watches Y/N try to put on a normal facade after his failed confession.
It should be all over by now.
School's been quiet, Jaehee's been overthrown, and Yoongi knows and doesn't defy those relationship.
He and Y/N should be happily continuing their lives together, moving forward, loving each other.
But they're aren't.
Because Jimin's an idiot.
Every time she looks at him and smiles, and every time that smile doesn't quite reach her eyes, Jimin's self-contempt climbs to new heights.
Why can't he just get this right?
And now, Yoongi's blunt commands are only pouring salt into his open and bleeding wounds.
His bottom lip trembles in a display of such emotion that makes the two older men straighten in surprise. But it isn't sadness, or misery, or depression.
No.
It's anger.
Such an intense, burning anger directed at himself that Jimin feels like he's about to explode with the fury of it all.
"Jimin," Namjoon starts gently, but he's instantly cut off by the redhead.
"I tried, hyungs," Jimin growls. He's pissed. His hands clench into fists, pounding on table top. "I tried so freaking hard, and do you know what came out?" He pauses and stares down the two older men who are now watching him with wide eyes. "Nothing."
"What happened?" Yoongi asks.
With a heavy groan, Jimin fists his own hair in his hands and bows his head. "She told me she loves me." His voice is muffled by the fabric of his shirt.
Namjoon grins in happiness. "That's great, Jimin! Why are you mad?"
"Because I couldn't say it back." When Jimin lifts his head, Yoongi can now see the signs he couldn't see before.
The dark, tired rings around his eyes. The dimness of his usually cheerful expression. Even the slant of the red headed teacher's shoulders seems lower, more run down.
Jimin's beating himself up.
Big time.
"I couldn't say it back," Jimin continues, "and now she looks at me like I just ran over her pet turtle."
While Namjoon sits back and thinks hard, muttering 'pet turtle' under his breath in confusion, Yoongi grimaces. "Tell us the whole story, Jiminie. I bet I can fix this."
Jimin relays the whole series of events (well, not all of if. He makes a point to avoid the whole 'making out' portion of the story) to Yoongi and Namjoon, his voice growing deeper and darker with every word.
By the end, he's got his palms flattened out on the table to restrain himself, because all he wants in this moment is to punch himself in the face.
"See, hyung?" Jimin seethes. "This is why I can't just 'tell her'. Because I'm a freaking idiot who can't do anything right."
Namjoon jumps when his hand smacks the tabletop again.
Angry Jimin is a scary Jimin.
"Calm down, Chim," Yoongi sighs, unaffected by the younger man's anger. "This isn't unfixable."
"Oh, yeah?" Jimin scoffs. "What are we going to do when I can't even say it back?"
A slow, soft smile spreads on Yoongi's face. "Who said you have to actually say it to her?"

***

Y/N's POV

"Hobi," you giggle, "where are you taking me?"
Without taking his eyes off the road, Hoseok laughs and shakes his head in teasing denial of your answer.
He kid napped you from the house about an hour and a half ago, forcing you out of the fakely-happy bubble you've forced yourself into for the last few days. Jimin's non-responsiveness hurt like crazy, but you're determined to force yourself to get over it. Apparently, Hoseok wants to help.
You didn't really have much of a choice, as the ebony-haired man with the toothpaste commercial-worthy smile had practically dragged you out the door and forced you into his car. After a stop at the hair salon, nail salon, and buying you a new dress and shoes, you're now all dolled up and back in the car. There's no way you couldn't be suspicious of Hoseok's behavior - this is in no way normal behavior for a twenty-something male.
When the car pulls up into the parking lot of a glittering, expensive hotel, you tense in your seat. "Um..."
Hobi laughs. "Scared?"
"Jung Hoseok, did you book a hotel room for us?" you snort in amusement, observing him. Opposed to your fancy get-up, Hobi's only in jeans and a t-shirt, which serves to confuse you even more.
"There's a restaurant underneath," the man laughs happily, getting out of the car. "Don't overthink too much."
You follow him closely on your new high heels. "Okay, Hoseok. What's going on?"
Nothing is adding up. You don't understand why he's brought you here, dressed like this.
"What do you mean?" he deflects, leading you into the building.
The restaurant is obviously high class, decorated tastefully with the subtle classiness you only find with truly wealthy people.
"What are we doing here, Hobi?" you sigh. Without responding, Hoseok leads you toward a table where an unfamiliar man sits alone, back to you.
However...
There's something so familiar at the same time, about the way his blonde hair falls over his ears, the slant of his shoulders.
As you approach, the man turns around to face you.
You gasp.
Jimin?!
It is, in fact, Jimin, but his hair is no longer the deep red color that you're used to; instead, it's a pale, light blonde that casts an ethereal aura around him. His full lips stand out even more with their natural pink color contrasting with his pale hair.
He's beautiful.
And it hurts.
"Have fun," Hobi whispers in your ear, pushing you gently toward the other man
You bite your lip as you watch Hoseok leave, still reluctant to face Jimin.
It's hard, looking at him and knowing that your love is one-sided, but you're willing to wait for him. That's how much you love him.
So you turn your body around and look him in the eye.
He stood up while you watched Hoseok go, and he's now standing with his hands clasped behind his back, watching you.
You close the distance between the two of you.
"Jimin," you say quietly.
"Y/N," he replies, face unreadable. But there a softness around his eyes and mouth that you don't understand. "Will you have a seat?"
You allow him to pull out a chair for you and you take a seat. He sits across from you at the intimate table for two.
"Jimin, what are we doing here?" you ask right off the bat. You don't like flying in the dark here. It seems that everyone knows what's going on except for you.
You aren't prepared for the words that come out of Jimin's mouth next.
"Y/N. I want a redo."

[A/N]UneditedSorry for the wait! 😞 My life's a little crazy right now

[A/N]
Unedited
Sorry for the wait! 😞 My life's a little crazy right now. Please remember the people in Southeast Texas and Louisiana - all of my family is down there, and it's really bad.
On a side note, I made a Tumblr account!😀😀 Should I start posting my stories on Tumblr too? It's pockettan if anyone wants to see, but it's only a day old lol
Hope you enjoyed! ❤️