10- Surprises & More Surprises

Miller pov (ooh a new pov)

"oh, I got my room remodeled and everything, yeah" I answer her question. In reality I'm on a plane coming to visit her and tell her some good news. I can tell she thinks I'm lying but I play it off. I check the time to see I'll be landing soon. "I got to go, talk later" I don't want her to hear the pilot announcing we're landing. I hang up and pop in my headphones to listen to some music. Welcome to the black parade starts playing by MCR. Soon I'll see my beautiful best friend and give her the best surprise ever.

Haley pov

"what are you up to right now" Louis asks me.

"making noodles, why?"

"well..." I stand patiently waiting for his reply. "can you come over after you're done eating, I have to ask you something important"

"why can't you ask now"

"it's to special and important to ask over the phone. I want to ask you the right way" he replies.

"alright I'll be over there when I'm done eating"

I pull my noodles off the stove and start draining out the water. I grab some butter to make some buttered noodles. I finish melting the butter and stir it into the noodles.

"mom dinner is ready" I call out

"I'll be there in a minute" she yells back

I grab a bowl for me and scarf down my noodles. I wonder what Louis could possibly be asking me that he can't over the phone. He knows I don't like him the way he likes me.

"mom I'm going to see a friend be back by curfew" I yell and grab my keys. I unlock my car and walk outside the door. The whole car ride I'm nervous and thoughts fill my head of what he could be asking. I go up to knock on the door when u see a note.

Haley,
Come to the backyard when you arrive. Dont go inside yet. When you get into the backyard come to the big willow tree and wait there.
-Louis

Okay now I'm worried sick about what's happening. I do as the instructions say and hop over the fence. It doesn't take long for me to find the tree since its massive. How have I never noticed that before? As I get closer I see a dim light underneath. I move the drooping leaves out of the way and go walk under the tree. There's fairy lights hung up all around and some food and a blanket set up in the middle.

"oh god Louis what did you do know" I mumble to myself "you know I don't like you in this way" I see Niall walk through the leaves. Wait Niall, what is he doing, was this his plan. I don't know what to think anymore. He doesn't seem to notice me. I clear my throat and his eyes fixate on me.

"oh hey haley, I was coming to see if everything looked good" he quickly runs out and I laugh to myself. I look down at my outfit to see I'm wearing black ripped skinny jeans and a black green day tank top,I swear if louis is dressed all nicely. I can't help but keep getting this feeling that something weird is going on. I go to lean against the tree while I wait and start thinking and analysing more and more about what's happening. I start breathing heavy and feeling closed in, I realise I'm having a panic attack. Luckily it only lasted about 5 minutes so none of them saw me. They know I have anxiety but they don't know I get panic attacks. I see the leaves moving around and Louis comes inside I guess you could say.

"hello haley fancy seeing you here" he stands in one spot once he enters. This is to awkward for me.

"nice of you to join me" great now I'm afraid that came off rudely.

"sorry it took a while"

"that's fine and what is all this. You know I don't like you like this" I say looking around. "why did you ask me here"