Sinful Seven

The Seven Sins are deadlier than you could ever fathom.
- (Their world has similar technology as ours but some advances) -
Pride - Page , Envy - Ethan
Lust - Levi, Anger - Aurora
Sloth (laziness) - Sage
Greed - Grayson
Gluttony - Garnet
(Gluttony is a lack of self-control and greed is a failure in consideration or a result of a compulsion to aquire things)

The world is not what many people imagine it to be. There are seven sectors, one for each sin's followers. They went to war once, and the outcome led to this. It was nearly impossible to cross the borders into another territory.

It has been 500 years since the war. The year is now 2050. Due to the war's lasting impact, much innovation have been pushed back as well. Leading to many people not being able to drive around, and having to bike.

The seven sins have only been able to keep peace because their subjects are the exact opposite of them. Aurora's people had some of the best tempers in the districts, but some of the worst as well.

Aurora sat on her throne surrounded by her fellow peers. Levi looked at her with a smug grin as he looked down at the hickies that lay upon him. She looked away with a huff, her dark black hair wooshing behind her. It covered any expressions she may have shown as she looked at the walls surrounding them.

Grayson sighed softly as he looked around at his peers. His body was clothed in some silks like his counterparts, but he wore mounds of jewelery. He blinked and yawned softly, not interested in listening or watching Levi try to seduce any one of them.

Someone walked in, wearing tattered clothes and no shoes. His skin dark from the years of dirt collecting on his skin. There was an eighth seat and he took his place. It was a tattered straw and wooden chair, and he had not sat in it for the last 50 years.

The guardians may have watched over the people, but could not control them. People in the sectors were good, almost too good. Sometimes, a riot may break out, and then the people disappear. No one knows where they go, but some call it Removal, and they never come back.

I walked around through town. My parents were working on the new teleportation system in the heart of the city. Living on the outskirts made it difficult, there was not much to trade or buy. This is what we could afford though, having to pretty much live off the land that we have.

My older sister came out of our apartment wearing her scarf and sandals. A headwrap covered her head and face from the blazing sun. She held a basket full of some of our possessions, going to try to sell them at the market with me.

I waited for her at the bus stop. There were at least 40 people waiting for a bus that could hold 20. She looked at me and sighed softly before we decided to walk. My hand held hers in a comforting manner.

We walked to the trading center, it was small, and overwhelmingly packed. I found a small area and sat down, spreading out the blanket. My sister displayed the objects before sitting down as well.

Hours had passed, that much I knew. I didn't have a watch but across the way there was a man who was selling a bunch of trinkets. We had been here for a long time and no one had bought anything. It was nearing dinner time and I went to go trade a perfume bottle for some bread and vegetables.

I had made it to the stand and felt a hand on my shoulder. My head whipped back, my fists full of tonight's dinner. The man stood there wearing creme robes. The silk brushed against my skin and I shivered. It was a softer material than what I was used to. His sunglasses and headscarf shielding much of his face.

He made a motion to follow him, but I didn't move. I looked over at my sister, and she was in the middle of trying to get some money from a woman wanting a towel.

"What do you want?" I hissed, but my voice was hoarse. My sister had drank most of the water we brought today so I hadn't had much to drink. The man continued to motion for me to follow him.

I sprinted over to my sister, dropping off the food in a small box. She smiled, before I felt myself being lifted off the ground.

"Let me go!" I howled, but my voice too weak to be heard by anyone but the man. He continued to hold me tight, numbness spreading through my hands.

I felt cloth go over my eyes and the world went black. Something went over my mouth and I held my breath, fighting it as much as I could.

Why now? Why me? Thoughts raked my brain as I felt it start to race.

Hours passed, maybe even days, before I saw daylight. I opened my eyes and immediately regretted it. I looked up to see Levi looking down on me. He was the man who ruled over my district.

Instead of bowing to him I glared and stood up. I felt like a rag, being thrown and tossed around. My eyes widened as I looked up at the ceiling. It was beautifully painted with the four seasons.

"You could always say thank you." Levi purred in my ear. I gagged and moved away from him. I hugged myself, feeling like I was a fawn and Levi was a wolf.

"I will never say those words to you," I spat before I started to walk away from him.

Levi only chuckled in response. I didn't look back at him, I didn't want to. Being here, instead of home, was something I thought I wanted.

I always wanted to live, not necessarily a lavish life style, but a life style where every day I didn't have to worry about putting food on the table for my family. I didn't want to have to work from before dawn until late night. I didn't want to have to wake up during the night to do rounds around ten house to make sure no one had broken in.

It's not like anything we had was that valuable anyways.

I looked back at Levi, and he continued to look over me. His gaze made me shiver and I looked away again.

I looked around the room, seeing pictures of Levi and the other rulers. It was as if he never aged. He stood with Aurora in one of the pictures. They looked, happy, but as I studied the picture I could tell that it was forced. Aurora looked sad as Levi tried to make her laugh.

I stood there, not sure what to think. Glancing behind me I noticed how pale the carpets were. My footsteps left dark marks full of grins and sweat.

I turned around to face Levi. He motioned for me to come closer, but I didn't move. Instead, he pulled me into his arms. I squirmed as I tried to fight him. Then I heard a soft clink and I felt the cuffs being released from my wrists.

Immediately I wanted to thank him, but I remembered what I had said a few moments ago. As I was about to speak I decided against it.

I gasped as I felt Levi's arms slink around my waist. My body thrashed as I tried to get away from him. His grip only held me still. I wondered why he took off my handcuffs to only hold me caged to his body. It was the same principle, and I just wanted to be released again.

His voice was deep and it made me shiver as he spoke.

"You'd better learn how to behave, kitten. Or you'll learn the true meaning of punishment"