Hidden Lycan

Werewolves only hide the true monster on the inside.
-
My mother decided it was time to move. Of course it was because of me. This was the third time we had to move because of my wolf decided to come out in public.

These events usually left people scared, shocked, or not surprised. I mean my whole family usually wore hats out all year-round, or didn't go out.

I had been homeschooled my whole life for these reasons. None of the public schools where I used to live allowed kids to wear hats. It's not like I was that interested in going to public school, anyway.

My mom told me it was time for a fresh start, my brother had just shifted for the first time. This time, luckily, he had been at home in the backyard. My father had been helping me with my shifting. It had been getting better, but now all his attention was on getting my brother not to shift randomly.

We had decided to move to Maine. It was one of the most forested States in the U.S. so that gave us plenty of cover to shift and run.

My younger brother had been opposed to moving, his wolf had just gotten settled to living in Canada. Now it was time to move thousands of miles south.

My brother quickly got used to the warmer weather and fell in love with our hammock out back. We moved into an abandoned home that was surrounded by plenty of land.

I had already finished getting ready for school today. My mom thought it was a great idea to spend my last year of highschool in a highschool. My brother loathed the idea of leaving the house every morning to go to school, I couldn't deny that I felt the same way.

My father had given him permission to go to school. They had gotten past the point where we wouldn't shift into his wolf as often, but half shift like me.

I sat on one of the boxes from moving while Channon made breakfast. His feet made quiet noises as he moved swiftly through the kitchen. My mom was upstairs, trying to finish unpacking her bed before going to work.

My brother hurried to set the table, knowing that we were going to be running late.

We were, by a good hour.

It wasn't my fault though, my brother decided to take the old truck to school. Even though he was a new driver, and had no idea where he was going. This led to us nearly crashing multiple times, and killing a squirrel.

I pulled in the truck to the school yard. My brother and I got out and I felt eyes on us. Both of us wore hats. Even though my brother was getting the hang of shifting, he had a long way to go. I noticed that he shifted by how much stronger his scent got. I sighed softly and nudged him. He looked up at me and bit his lip, something he did often when he was embarrassed. I offered him a smile and opened the door for us.

“It's going to be okay Chance.” He smiled as he looked up at me. I ruffled his dark hair and smoothed down the hat. Slowly, he shifted back and he let out a sigh of relief.

I stopped by the office, getting many looks as I went inside. Whispers spread through the halls of the new kid and his brother.

“Lowell Volkov, it's a pleasure to meet you.” The woman smiled. She started to go through all the school materials with me, such as my locker and homeroom. Then she went up to the loudspeaker and said, “Drake Martinez to the office please.” Not long after she finished handing me my materials I heard a door slam.

Someone walked in, pride oozing off him. His stark leather jacket matched his whole attire. He wore a blue ripped tee, jeans, and high tops. Once I saw him I felt my ears pop out and I blushed. I pulled down my beanie and oversized hoodie, hoping the outline of my tail wouldn't stick out.

“Mr. Martinez will be taking you on a tour of our school. Your brother has already begun a tour with one of his classmates so no need to worry.” She smiled, showing her wrinkles. I bit my lip looking at Drake. He stood there, his arms crossed over his chest.

I walked out of the office, following Drake. He had a copy of my classes and was showing me the school.

Honestly, I wasn't paying attention most of the time. I watched the kids in the halls giving me weird looks. Confused, I didn't say anything to anyone. I patted down my beanie, but I could feel that my ears were sticking out.

Spotting a bathroom, I disappeared inside. I locked the stall and pulled off my beanie. My hair was a mess, and my ears twitched. I pulled out my phone and did my best to calm down my ears, and eventually they laid flat on my head.

My hair was a wreck and I decided not to bother. I pulled down the beanie and stepped out of the stall. Drake was standing there, leaning against the tiled wall. He smirked as he saw me leave.

“So what were you doing in there? No toilet flush so…” he continued to look at me. Realizing what he meant I blushed and shook my head no. I washed my hands anyways. “Mhmm, you intimidated by me?” He asked, blocking the door.

I glared and crossed my hands over my chest. “Why would I be intimidated by someone who doesn't talk much and makes sexual jokes? Nothing intimidating there.” He chuckled and opened the door for me and him to walk out.

Once we got to the locker rooms he stopped and faced me. I stood against a locker, holding my papers close to me.

“So where're you from cutie?” He purred and I shivered. I looked away, my ears and tail still wouldn't go away. Honestly, I didn't want to answer. I knew my answer would involve stuttering and blushing, not something I wanted to do right now.

“I'm originally from Canada but we moved to here.” I didn't bring up the fact of how many times in Canada we had to move before landing in the U.S. He smirked before leaning on the locker above me. I shrunk down and away from him.

I felt his hot breath on my neck and I turned my head away from him. He must have thought I was submitting to him because he leaned in and nibbled on my earlobe. Before I could let out a soft cry, he spoke.

“A cute gray-eyed Canadian moved to Maine, wearing a beanie, an oversized hoodie, and countinuoslly blushes--” he trailed off and whispered in my ear,”I like that.”