The Angel Auction

All the good things in life come at a price.

Gabriel Raziel

His mind raced with unpleasant thoughts. He laid, chained to the floor. His chains clanged together as he tried to get up. Instead, his body got thrown to the ground by a guard.

What's going on? He thought to himself. His eyes widened as he noticed that he was wearing only a pair of boxers. He shivered and looked around.

Then he felt the cage around him start to be lifted up. He jumped up, only for the chains to hold him back. His eyes adjusted to the bright lights on him. He felt butterflies erupt in his stomach as he noticed all the men and women in the crowd.

"Gabriel Raziel, he is 21 years old, and has no markings on him. Originally from Canada, he has made a long journey here." Hearing them read off the facts, he lunged forward at the man. He let out a feeble cry, his voice hoarse from the lack of water. His body was thrown to the ground again he let out a howl, feeling a man pulling on his wing.

"He may be a little feisty but look at these gorgeous wings, they could easily pull millions on the black market. Any numbers?"

The numbers didn't register in his head, hearing thousands of thousands of dollars. He closed his eyes, the lights too bright. His wing fluttered in the man's hand, before he pulled away. Gabriel growled, wrapping his wings around himself.

The voices increasingly got more defaning. He heard shouting from the rowdy men and women. Wincing, he tried to turn away from the crowd. His collar got tugged as he was pulled forward. His breath caught as he choked, wheezing.

"500 million." A thundering voice boomed in the room, and all went silent. Gabriel noticed how the man was smiling on the podium. The gold from his fake teeth glimmering. His eyes glanced up, a loud BANG echoed.

"Sold to the gentlemen in row one seat 666." Gabriel blinked, noticing a shadow coming towards him. He felt someone pulling on his collar and he let out a howl of pain.

"Take the chains off him right now." He soon felt the weight of the chains leave his body. Gabriel immediately tried to escape, but felt his body being lifted up into the air.

Gabriel continued to fight the man that was holding him, but then stopped as he felt his hand pinch the skin on the back of his neck. He whimpered weakly, not knowing who this man was, or why he was there.

"Let me go," he snarled, but not fighting the man. He heard the loud booms of his feet as he was taken off the stage. Gabriel looked back, noticing another angel on the stage. His head whipped around once he felt something touch his wing. One of the man's friends was touching his wing.

He wrapped his wing around himself and glared at the man. He then noticed how he looked frightened, and looked up. The man that had bought him was giving the man a death glare.

"You'd better learn to behave kitten, or you'll be tied up in my bed begging for mercy." That shut up Gabriel, and he muttered incoherent words under his breath. He felt his eyes closing in exhaustion, he tried his best to fight it, but he couldn't. His consciousness faded as he drifted off to sleep in the man's arms.

Damien Azrael -

The angel was as feisty as they came, and that's why he decided to take him. Damien had successfully taken hundreds of angels away from the auctions, and helped them back into the world. This one, however, seemed to be the most expensive one so far that he had stolen. As he was driven back home by his driver, he looked over the angel.

He knew they weren't feeding him well or giving him enough water. His ribs stood out against his pale skin. Damien let out a frustrated sigh as his hand ran through his hair. He looked down on the angel that was peacefully resting in his lap. His hand ran down his back, to his snowy wings.

Damien picked up the immensely light angel and gracefully took him up the stairs. His friend, Lucien was sitting in his room, with a small male angel. He was only 19 years old, but was extremely small. He helped with folding the laundry, like he was doing now.

The angel's interest perked and he scrambled to the side of the bed, seeing the angel being tucked into Damien's bed. Lucien pulled the angel back when he saw Damien glaring. He held the angel close to him.

"Noah, he needs some time to rest. They were starving him." Even with the warning, Noah still tried to get near the angel. Lucien proceeded to pick him up and held him close. Damien looked down on Gabriel, before leaving the room.

The next few days Gabriel stayed asleep, only woken to be fed and to go to the bathroom. It was a week after Damien had picked up Gabriel that he got out of the bed by himself. He walked downstairs, his wings trailing behind him.

He saw Damien asleep on the couch, paperwork thrown on the floor. Gabriel decided to make breakfast for him, as one of his neverending thank you's. His feet pattered on the floor, making little sound. He brought over the breakfast, placing it down on the coffee table. He cleaned up the papers on the floor before trying to wake up Damien. Gabriel nudged him with a soft smile. He was sitting on the couch by his head. Then he felt Damien snuggle up to him and his face flushed a deep shade of red.

Gabriel sighed softly before allowing him to rest on his lap. His wings hung over the edge of the couch, while he closed his eyes. He didn't know how much time had passed but he decided to start to eat some of the french toast he had made him. Before he ate it he felt Damien's hand around his. His cheeks flushed again before Damien ate the french toast.

"Mhmm, you made me breakfast? Well we mustn't let this go to waste, shall we?" He smiled sleepily before sitting up. Damien looked around, seeing the papers. He smiled, giving a silent thank you.

"We need to go get you some toys." He murmured, and Gabriel looked at him, eyes wide. Damien noticed his look and coughed,"I meant for your wings. We can get you fitted for a brace to hold them in when you go out in public. Then you could go to the towns now." Gabriel smiled up at him before he looked around the house.

They left as soon as Damien had finished eating. He didn't look satisfied though, and Gabriel decided to speak to him about it later. When they reached the fitter he noticed someone staring at them in the distance. He tugged on Damien's sleeve and he cursed under his breath, before dragging Gabriel inside. Locking the door behind him, he looked at the shopkeeper.

He was an older man, his eyes a deep brown and sparse white hair on his head. His smile was genuine when he looked at Damien, and when he saw the men outside, he closed the blinds and disappeared behind the counter. A few minutes later he came out with a soft sigh.

"Well the place is locked up now--" he paused and looked over at Gabriel who was shyly hiding behind Damien. "Oh no wonder, you decided to steal another one from the same place? Mhmm, you're getting much more fearless aren't you, son?" The old man walked around Damien and examined the angel.

Gabriel was short for an angel, standing at 5'9". His dark green eyes contrasted with his strawberry blonde hair and freckles. He was only up to Damien's shoulder so he thought he could hide from the man. The closer he got, the more tense Gabriel became. The old man only smiled and did some measurements before disappearing.

Gabriel let out a sigh before deciding to speak. "So um... why didn't you look satisfied after eating earlier?" Damien's smile immediately faded as he looked away. Gabriel saw that he was flustered and he giggled.

"Well food doesn't fill me up, it can help but I don't eat food." Gabriel looked at him, noticing he didn't have any fangs. Damien laughed softly before finishing," Well I'm not a vampire but I'm um..." his light blush darkened a bit.

"I'm an incubus."