Chappire 9: Home

As I was talking to the boys, words popped into my head. Screaming out a loud shush, I pulled out my songwriting journal and wrote down the words in my head:

Make a little conversation

So long I've been waiting

To let go of myself and feel alive

Sighing to myself, I placed the pen down and looked up at the boys through my eyelashes. The girls left around an hour ago to do something.

"What's wrong, Love?" Harry asked as he was trying to peek at my journal. I flicked to a page of the song I wrote, End of the Day, I started reading off the lyrics to the boys.

"I told him that I loved him, was not sure if he heard. The roof was pretty windy and he didn't say a word. Party dying downstairs, had nothing left to do. Just me, him and the moon. I said you're on fire babe then down came the lightning on me. Love can be frightening for sure," I paused and looked up at the boys only to see them nodding their heads in approval.

"This would be the chorus, All I know at the end of the day, Is you want what you want and you say what you say. And you'll follow your heart even though it'll break... Sometimes. All I know at the end of the day. Is you love who you love, there ain't no other way, If there's something I've learned from a million mistakes. You're the one that I want at the end of the day...At the end of the day. You're the one that I want at the end of the day."

"Could you meet us in a studio next week?" Lou questioned as he was humming the lyrics.

"You want my song?" I questioned bewildered. "I didn't think they were any good. I'm working on one right now, it doesn't have a name yet though...I could try to have it finished by Monday..." I mumbled, still shocked that they want my songs.

"We'll listen to it" Liam winked at me and with that, the laptop went black. The idiots hung up on me. Sighing, I pulled my pen and journal out and started writing. The words just came to me as I thought of the past week.

So many nights I thought it
over

Told myself I kind of liked him

But there was something missing in his eyes

Looking over at my clock, I decided to go for a walk to clear my head. Placing some Adidas on my feet I walked outside after grabbing a jacket. Walking around the corner, I stumbled over a rock and almost fell face first until an arm caught me. Looking up I saw those Irish Blues that made me stand up straight and walk the other way.

He didn't even try to chase me, why would he though? He's with Selena, my mood suddenly dropped and Liam's words rung through my head. "He's not Happy." Well obviously he is, if he wasn't they wouldn't be dating, the little devil on my shoulder reminded me. Clearly, though nothing in my life goes easy for me, the little angel piped up: He said he liked you. Remember? "I really liked you, Emma." Shaking my head I walked back to the house considering it's pitch black out.

I walked up to my room and picked up the journal and wrote something real quick before I went to sleep.

I was stumbling, looking in the dark

With an empty heart

But you say you feel the same

Could we ever be enough?

Baby, we could be enough

----------

I woke up because my phone started blaring. Was I happy? NO.