Nine: 1945 and Beyond

They fled to the art gallery part of the museum.

"Oh hey, 'War's End Kiss,' I love this photo," Nat said, stopping before it hanging on the wall. She watched the photograph move, as though she were watching a film clip. "Cool."

"This is new," said Larry. Suddenly, something cold and wet hit him against the cheek.

"Hey-" Looking over, he saw that it had been a snowball, thrown by someone from a painting of a winter scene. He peered closer. Everyone began to scream and move away. "No, no, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you."

"I don't think it's you they're afraid of Mr. Daley," said Amelia. They turned to see Kahmunrah's armed guards approaching. They backed them into a corner.

Thinking fast, Larry passed the tablet to Nat before grabbing a pitchfork from a nearby painting. "Get back, just get back! I'll fork you," he threatened, swinging the pitchfork around.

Amelia sighed. "Never send a boy to do a woman's job." She snatched the pitchfork from his hands. "I spent two weeks spear-hunting with a tribe in Micronesia." She launched the pitchfork at one of the guards - who caught it effortlessly.

She was taken aback. "The Micronesians had much slower reflexes."

Now they desperately searched for an escape. "To 1945!" cried Nat, and the three jumped into 'War's End Kiss'.

"Well," exclaimed Amelia with a smile as she watched the celebrations.

Larry noticed the guards also making their way into the photo, and dragged the ladies away. His cell phone rang. "Wow, four bars in 1945, who knew?"

"Dad, finally!" cried Nicky when he answered. "I've been studying these plans of the Archives. It looks like once you get down the stairwell-"

"Oh we're way past the stairwell Nicky!"

"Oh! So did you find everyone?"

"Uh, sort of..."

"What's that thing you're talking into?" Amelia asked, calling out over the noise.

"Who's that?" asked Nicky, having heard her voice over the phone.

"Oh. it's Amelia Earhart."

"You found Amelia Earhart?!"

"Yeah, uh - hey!" Larry cried as a sailor took Amelia's hand and led her further into the celebration. He and Nat were bumped by a few other sailors.

"Hey buddy, what's your rush?" asked one. "Didn't you hear? The war's over! You and your girl should be celebrating!"

"Yeah, sorry, it's just these guys are chasing us-"

"Oh. What am I looking at? Hey what unit were you with?"

"Uh, I'm from Brooklyn..."

"What - seriously?!" the guy cried. "Hey fellas, those so-and-so's are trying to rough up my pal here just cause he's from Brooklyn!"

"Thanks," Larry called as the sailor and his friends ran to confront the guards, and he and Nat hurried off themselves, he not realizing he'd dropped his phone.

"Hey mister!" called the sailor, picking up the phone. "You forgot your, uh... What the heck is this thing?"

As the guards continued to push through the crowd in pursuit of them, Larry got an idea. He took Nat's hand and pulled her over to where the sailor and nurse were still kissing. "Excuse me," Larry said to them. "Do you mind if we just-" Pushing them aside, he took their place. Before Nat knew what was going on Larry had dipped and kissed her. Was kissing her.

Ah, so that had been his plan, take the place of the nurse and sailor. Good quick thinking on his part, or so Nat would have thought had she not been so shocked by and wrapped up in the kiss. In fact, neither knew how long it had been going on for, they breaking apart only by Amelia's chime of, "anytime you're done." When they broke apart and faced her, she was grinning at their breathless, slightly embarrassed figures.

They heard shouting and saw the guards charging at them. They quickly jumped out of the photo and then turned it around so that the front was facing the wall, trapping the guards within.

"Wow, that actually worked," said Larry.

Amelia grinned. "You're quite the smooth operator, aren't you Mr. Daley? Now what's next?"

"Look, nothing personal or anything, but we're kind of in the middle of something here that's really not your fight."

"It's because I'm a woman, isn't it," stated Amelia, sounding offended.

"Uh, no, it's because we've got this ancient, raised-from-the-dead evil pharaoh guy who's willing to kill us and probably anyone near us to get this tablet so he can rule the world."

"So it is because I'm a woman."

"What, no, look-"

"No you look Mr. Daley. If it weren't for me you would still be lost in that monochromatic mayhem!"

"The what?"

"That black and white photo silly! Kissing each other's faces off, remember? Now listen and listen good: I can help you. I want to help you, and not because I like you which so far I don't, but because I smell adventure and damn it, I want in."

"I say she stays," agreed Nat.

Larry sighed. "Fine, okay, alright. But don't blame me if something happens to you."

(I love these movies so much! ;) Hope you enjoyed, thanks so much for reading!)