Twenty-One: A Knight in Shining Armour

"Get back! Everybody get back!" shouted Larry.

"Larry watch out!" cried Nat. The triceratops came charging towards him. She threw herself in front of Nick.

"Everyone stand back!" One of the nearby suits of armour began talking and moving.  "I shall save you!" Their knight in shining armour. 

"Here, hold this," said the knight. He held out his sword to Larry who took it, falling forward due to its weight.

The knight sprinted towards the wall, running and back-flipping off it, striking the dinosaur as he landed.

Head hanging, the triceratops hurried off.

"That was actually really cool," said Nick.

"Thank you, that was amazing," agreed Larry

The knight removed his helmet to reveal a handsome young man with longish dark blond hair and bright blue eyes. "Sir Lancelot, at your service." Nat gawked.

"Theodore Roosevelt," said Teddy, stepping forward. "President of the United States of America."

Lancelot shook his hand. "I have no idea what that means."

"I'm Larry," Larry introduced. "And this is my son, Nick."

"Hey man." Nick waved.

"You have a noble face, Nick," said the knight, but pronounced his name more like 'Neek'.

"Uh, thanks."

"Now you," said Lancelot, turning back to Larry. "You remind me of a man I once knew at Camelot."

"Oh." Larry was surprised. "Really? One of the Knights of the Round Table?" he asked hopefully.

"No, Erik."

"Erik? Sir Erik?"

"Our court fool. Funniest man I've ever met. He didn't even have to do anything. He could just walk into a room and you'd laugh. You have what he had, the gift. You could be a fool!"

"Oh, well, I don't know about that..."

"Oh come on, you could! We could even get you one of those hats with the funny little dangly bells." Nat and Nick tried to stifle a laugh.

"Well he sounds like a great guy."

"Lancelot, Sir Lancelot?" cried Nat in awe, still gawking. "As in Sir Lancelot of Arthurian Legend? Of King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table in Camelot?! Talk about our knight in shining armour!"

He turned to face her and when he did, his eyes grew wide. "Oh my-" He fell to his knees before her. "Dear maiden, your beauty rivals that of even the fair Guinevere."

Now she was speechless. "Oh. Uh, w-well, thank you. That's very sweet." 

"If I may-" Lancelot held out his hand. Slightly confused, she placed her hand in his and he began placing kisses on the back of it. This made Larry stiffen. "Please, what is your name, My Lady?"

She couldn't help but giggle at this words. Before she could answer, Larry appeared at her side. "This is my girlfriend, Natasha."

Lancelot didn't seem to notice his sudden protectiveness. "Lady Natasha. A beautiful name for a beautiful woman!"

"Thank you."

"Yeah, well, we've got to get going, so thanks again for your help," Larry said, putting an arm around Nat's shoulders and steering her away from the knight.

"Ah Camelot," Lancelot said reminiscently, as though he were about to launch into a great tale.

"Oh, okay-" Larry and the others stopped.

"Someday I shall return," the knight said, sounding distant. "But not until I have completed my quest: I must find the Holy Grail!"

"Well, good luck with that," said Larry half-heartedly. "But we've really got to go, we're headed to Egypt."

"Then I shall lead you!"

"No, that's okay, you really don't have to do that-"

Lancelot scurried around so that he was in front of them blocking their path. "Halt, Dangly Bells! There is strange magic in the air, and there are dangerous beasts afoot. In times like these you need a dashing hero! It is the duty of a true knight to help and protect those in need, and as a Knight of the Round Table I shall do just that! We're off!" He turned to Nat and offered her his arm. "Lady Natasha."

Looking surprised by the gesture she took his arm and he led her down the hall.

Larry sighed. "I guess he's coming with us."

They hadn't gone far before they were stopped by Attila's cry of, "Larry!" followed by something in his native tongue. He pointed to his helmet.

Larry understood. "Jed and Octavius." They were gone from their perch atop the helmet. He had thought the Roman General and the cowboy had been strangely quiet.  

"They must have fallen out while we were running," said Teddy.

The group began to retrace their steps, calling out to their friends.

"Oh no," said Larry suddenly. Up ahead, a small piece of red fabric was caught in a floor vent.

"Is that Octavius's cape?" asked Nick as they all crowded around.

Attila called down the vent but there was nothing. He stood, shaking his head.

"They could be anywhere between here and the intake vent," said Larry. Then he turned to his son. "Nicky, give me your phone."

Nicky hesitantly reached into his pocket. "O-okay..."

"I'm going to give it to Dex," Larry explained.

"I don't understand one thing that's going on here," said Lancelot.

"Yeah, neither do I," agreed Nick. "What exactly are you doing?" He handed his dad the cellphone.

"I'm uh, sort of set up to track your phone," Larry admitted.

Nick's jaw dropped. "You're what?! You're sort of set up to track my phone? You track my phone?!"

"Yeah, I'm your dad, I'm just looking out for you."

"No, no hold up, okay, spying on and stalking is not the same thing as just looking out for," protested Nick. He turned to Nat. "Did you know about this?!"

She looked sheepish. "I thought it was maybe a little much, but..."

"Look, I'll give it back, I promise, but right now it's going on the monkey's back." Larry tied the phone onto Dex's back and helped him climb into the vent.

Larry pulled out his own phone, watching the little bobbing circle that was Nick's phone on the screen, moving where Dexter was going.

"So weird," mumbled Nick, still not ready to let the whole phone-tracking thing go.

"Okay," Larry said, watching the moving dot. "I think I know where they are."

At this, Lancelot burst out laughing. "Ah, the gift of laughter. Thank you, Dangly Bells," he said, continuing on.

Larry's jaw clenched. Nat gave him a comforting pat on the shoulder before continuing on as well.

(Haha, I love Dan Stevens ;) Lancelot is so funny!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :))