Talk About A Shocker

"Mom?"

She doesn't answer and silently helps me up keeping a firm grip around my waist.

I stare back at the green eyes with brown freckles I knew byheart but even as she smiles with the same gentleness I find her unfamiliar and the lack of onslaught by questions for my tears keeps me cautious.

I break free from her hold and lean onto the wall. "Who are you?" I ask and then almost putting an end to my days with fright she jumps clapping her hands while squealing.

"I was waiting for you to figure it out on your own." Her voice was the softest of velvet and mischief built her grins.

Simply staring for a while I decide to make my grand escape but Mother Dearest extends her hand for me to shake. "I am Aphrodite."

Unintentionally my grip tightens "You...are the goddess of love."

She seems delighted by my insight and quickly adds on. "The goddess of beauty too."

Seeing her face lighten up in a jolly mood and still jumping around in my mother's work clothes got me close to feeling nauseous.

"I am..."

"Elizabeth Rain Airlea, I know. You are Lord Hades' doctor, I have heard so much about you!"

It hits me again then, that I was still talking to a goddess and it surprised me more than my meeting witn Zeus since maybe I had enough of the majority male population.

"Are you really that capable in black magic though?"

This broke off my smile in weird angels. "I don't understand what you mean by that?"

She shrugs telling me matter of factly of the rumours circulating around Olympus. "Its been going around that you are highly skilled in medicine and dark voodoo."

"What makes people think that? Are you teasing me right now?" I ask with a glimmer of hope for my tained reputation.

"Nope." She deadpans. "You made Lord Hades smile and even got away with assaulting him, and that could only mean you.."

"ASSAULT him?!?!?"

Her sword shaped brows raise in an arc. "You did not strangle him by the neck then?"

"....."

I took a slow wobbly step, away from Mother Dearest who seemed to be confused and slowly losing trust in her source.

If she was the Goddess of love, the a package complete with heartbreak, pain, jealousy, uncertain happiness and depression would naturally accompany the title.

And surely where there is love there is war.

"Wait don't leave Elizabeth I am supposed to take you to the meeting Hall." She still panics though I barely took three slow steps.

"Why should I believe you? And if you think you can win my trust with the disguise of my mother it does you no good." I slowly turn due to the pain but it lets me appear disinterested while perfectly hiding away my curiosity.

"That women used to hid veggies in my meat sandwich." I grumble and she laughs heartily in a merry tune and from the start to the end I stare in awe.

"I don't know how to make you less leery of me but, I am friends with William."

"You guys are friends?" I fail to seem guarded as before, but quickly discourage her smile in triumph asking. "How can I be so sure?"

She thinks for a moment before telling me in a whisper.
"In his sword' hilt, at the very centre there is a pearl which belonged to his mother's elder sister."