A Guest

I took the road less traveled by.

The evening walk somehow awoke my inner ballerina. And so I twisted around in the summer wind.

The first turn went well, the second not as much as I would have liked, but luckily no one was around to watch my embarrassing fall.

It was when I waa rejoicing over this fact that it happened, my meeting with the strangest guest.

"A..aaa.ACHOOO." I sneezed not finding it surprising given the amount of time I get soaked these past few weeks.

"A...ACHOOOO."

I sneezed again and the force almost knocked me off my feet, but I was steadied to my feet while a warm brown coat pulled over my shoulder.

"You might catch a cold walking around without a coat like that."

Swiftly I turned taking a step back as I met with an unfamiliar face. Stromy tormented blue orbs peeked through delicate long lashes.

The lightest shade of platinum locks and skin like jade reminded me of another blue eyed monster.

William Isherwood, that is.

As I lingered on the similarity between the two, the stranger grinned and then I realized that I was staring.

"Thank you." I bowed hiding away my embarrassment. "But I won't be needing it."

"Bye." I waved though he never replied and silently took the coat from me with a polite smile.

No longer wanting to continue, I began to retrace my path, but my heart felt restless.

My skin tingled with the uncanny feeling that someone out there was watching.  Finding courage, I peeked a look finding the beautiful stranger walking in low paced steps.

A stalker? Nah. His house is probably near mine.

I nodded deciding to mind my own business, but when I looked back a third time he was still there looking neither hurried or patient.

Pretending to smooth down my hair, I took a look around and my heart sunk when finding no one around.

Just awesome.

In a step of precaution, I took another route not wanting to lead him home. When I finally came upon a populated street I almost executed a break dance.

I threw myself into the crowd hoping to shake him off. When he was finally out of sight I hummed to myself stopping by a sign board reading "Kingdom of Books."

Pulling the push door, I struggled for a second before my eyes fell on the red caption in bold.

Smiling at my own stupidity I almost missed the gleam of a set of stormy blues.

My throat ran dry as his reflection neared and with trembling hands I wrangled open the glass door anf headed straight for the high shelfs.

In my fast pace, I bumed into many unlucky readers who gave me the stink eye before I chose a spot for hiding.

Calming my racing heart, I tried to think logically and I still couldn't rule out the possibility that this was where he was meant to be in the first place.

Momentarily distracted by the smell of books I did not notice the brunette approaching.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, her hands pushing back her glasses in habit.

At first I did not want to, but those kind coffee brown eyes nudged me to confide with her.

But suddenly she began to shake making me step back in confusion. When the trembling came to a stop,  her kind brown eyes had lost its vitality and walked past me and out of the building in a trance.

As I tried to figure out what exactly was happening more readers followed suit untill only Mr. Blue with hands casually pocketed in the coat he had offered.

It was this moment that my suspicion was finally proved right.

He wasn't human.

Offering a small smile, I took off running and weaved a zigzag path through the array of shelfs.

"Wait. Elizabeth!" He called out.

I NEVER told me my name! Not cool man, not cool.

When the strange man disappeared,  I slowed looking around nervously. "Ahhh" I screamed when I came in line with his collar bones and I turned on my heels to run.

"Wait."

Sorry again, but disappearing and reappearing doesn't scream human to me.

"Wait," he repeated, but with force and much to my surprise I obliged.

I glared at him as my body robotically turned his way and the skadoosh.

The light bulbs in the room began to flicker and the hair on my arms raised to its tip. Lightening flashed through and through, though there was no thunder cloud in sight.

Books and tables doubled over in its crackling might and in the ball of murderous light stood the blue eyed man with a smile.

" I am Hades' Brother." He declared, his tone low and cold.