Izumi

9 years ago.

A girl of eight years with ebony locks she never grew out watches the lavender flowers of the wisteria tree dance to the evening wind by the lone wooden bench.

Melon, a worn out teddy bear was clutched close to her chest as if it was a warm fire on chilly nights.

But breaking the magical sight she yawns letting the tears stagnated at the brims flow down rosy cheeks. "I am...so sleepy." She complains, the darkness  under her deep brown eyes the vindication.

Should I or should I not? She thought, debating hard whether or not to upgrade her friends to bestfriends.

Some might find this confusion silly but to her it was an extremely important matter to ponder about considering how long it took her to even strike up a conversation with another.

But she knew if she chose the easy way and quit conversing with people, Nana, her great grandmother would be called and this time surely break down her bedroom door without second thoughts.

She sighs and with her short stature her legs never met the ground as she sits behind her parent's hospital relieved of the company of others.

But without this young child knowing a pair of blue eyes curiously sought out the reason for her heavy sighs.

The onlooker had no plans of making a personal enquiry and silently leaves before his steps halt in bewilderment of the soul he saw past mortal flesh.

In his eyes a soul the colour of light sweeps through the mortal shell indicating life and the soft creeping hues of gold points something devine and blurs to an end with the darkest shade of black for death.

Overwhelmed by curiosity he finds himself drawn to the young mortal and slumps down next to her startling her jumping off to her feet.

And he finds amusement upon hearing her heart, the proof to life quicken facing death.

The lecture she was about to give dies in her throat and her head tilts in usual habit in the face of confusion as she takes in the boy no older to her than an year or two in black head to toe.

His skin was pale but not lacking vitality, his black locks were similar to her but well groomed and his eyes were the most beautiful shade of greys.

Keeping her manners she withstands the temptation to stare on in utter awe and ask in low tone turning her gaze away. "Who are you?"

She secretly rejoices on being the one to start the conversation  but he leaves her awkward with his reply. "No one."

Not willing to give up just yet she tries with a different query. "Why are you here?"

"Visiting someone." She nods smiling to herself as she finds questions to continue it up with.

"Who are you visiting?" He looks up to her and realization dawns on her face as she scolds herself for the big blunder.

"Its not important anymore, they have passed." And even as his words and expressions were cold as if he did not care, she finds herself eaten away with guilt.

Her comforting skills, she knew were of the very least and she weighs her situation before sitting back down.

"Here." She says holding out her treasured companion in trembling hands and eyes watering with the separation.

And finding the search for the right expression cubersome simply choose to look away, her actions shocking the disguised god to a stand still before he laughs.

Her head whips, her lips pressed in a pout as he laughs at her expense and without waiting for his laughter to die down withdrew her hand, but it was quickly grabbed onto.

"It's bad manners to take back what you offered."

On impulse she sticks out her tongue but eases her hold as he brings it closer to him and squeezes it tight the same way he witnessed her do so.
"Am I doing it right?"

Her smile expands in approval but id quickly supressed with a stern face. "Are you going to give it back?"

His cold nature fades away to something warm and tender as he hides away the teddy he very well knew she held dear. "Nope."

The velvet embroidery over his dark clothes shown violet under the wisteria tree as she finds herself pulled back to his eyes and asks. "What is your name?"

His smile looses its stretch and does not hide away his expression as he contemplates. "Li...." I hold up my palm when he suddenly seems to have come up with an idea.

"If you are only going to lie, I will give you a name myself." She interjects and continues without waiting for approval.
"I will call you Izumi."

His eyes widen at the smiling face for a fraction still witholding the storm. "That will do my Queen." He bows in courtesy winking as he straightens.

She giggles in a pleasant tone and suddenly pushes her self off the bench and stands before him with her hand held out in greeting.

"I am Elizabeth Rain Airlea and will you Izumi, whose last name I don't know, be my best friend?"

She asks only seeing it as a mere rehearsal believing she would never again stumble into this blue eyed boy.

Her eyes that sullen with the lack of response immediately brighten in fireworks as he holds the small hand in both of his.

"Yes, I will." Like a knight pledging his life, he bows to his queen, and the promise so childish in these moments was unbroken to the end of time.

And the disguised god falls to the moist grass when upon being tackled by the lamb he thought was naively defenceless and joins her in laughter while she fully knew she had only added a new piece to her torment.