Friendzoned

With the grace of an elegant ballerina I followed him through the wide halls, only my head twisting and turning in silent protest.

Hades, my current kidnapper hasn't shown any signs of acknowledging these efforts and as my body floated off the floor and I very much wanted to scream, but I was deprived of my ability of speech.

Giving up, I let him lead me through the outergates and to the river which lay close to the eastern wing of his castle.

Coming to a halt, he turned back to me, receiving my glare with a much practiced stotic stare.

Is he planning on drowning me? I haven't angered him that level, haven't I?

"I am going to free you now." He declared shadowing a warning. This meant that the drop kick I was planning on manoeuvring had to wait.

When the invisible locks fell apart, I was dropped to the ground and I flexed and shook my limbs.

"Hello, hellooo." I tested my voice and finding everything was back to how they were, I fixed a sweet smile upon my face.

Just as I turned to walk away, he said. "You wouldn't have come otherwise."

I wouldn't find it surprising if were to suddenly grow two horns and a pair of long sharp canines to pounce on him. "You could have used please." I offered and waited for him to reply.

But he didn't and instead took a startling step forward, and like a magician pulling out his best trick a bouquet of fine yellow roses appeared in his extended hand.

With stems in pure black, and flowers in fresh bloom, the blinding yellow roses were bound in a simple red string.

Gawking at the surprising sight, I robotically received them.

Yellow stand for friends, I thought and then black stands for forever. Does he mean friends forever?

Finding amusement in my confusion he trailed down the path leading to the green the bank.

I was confused more than ever. Firstly he kidnapped me and decided to bring me along on his walk and then set me free and give me flowers by the river.

Godly power overdose?

Finding nothing else to do, I followed the strange God who took a precautionary sidestep as I drew near. I think he is starting to read all my bad intentions.

In silence I gave the tiny vibrant fishes my complete attention as more and more began to turn up, but remained to my right away from the frowning God.

It was then that I noticed a tear on my jeans and as I lifted my leg up to see the damage I lost balance and slid on one leg with the loose soil all the way to the slippery edge.

And a root ever so conveniently placed locked my feet and my body arched foward towards the cool waters.

Thus I slipped, tripped, and fell in that same order.

I prayed that the fishes had fast reflexes and had moved away. But I never came in contact with the water as I levitated inches apart from the shimmering waters.

A few seconds in the same position, something started to appear below me.

I watched as a dock started to materialize, onto which I was slowly lowered.

Sitting up, I gaped at how each piece formed and came together in perfect sync.

As the magic weaving the structure came to the finishing touches, I walled over to the farthest end of the dock which covered almost a quarter of the river's width.

A pure white roof formed over us, and through it grew a creeper vearing small lavender buds spreading a sweet auroma in its wake. And as the buds bloomed, I could not resist a touch.

It instantly shrunk like a touch me not and in the absence of the touch it bloomed back to its original full glory.

"It's beautiful." I turned to him, and as he faced me, my breath falttered as he smiled.

A message in bright bold letters flashed before my eyes.

AM I HALLUCINATING OR THIS AN ILLUSION CREATED UPON THE COlLITION OF MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL, WHICH I DON'T REMEMBER?

Whatever it was, I knew I was not resisting the smile tugging at my lips.

What are you doing to me? I asked myself the same moment and wondered who exactly was in their right state of mind.

I am supposed to be angery, but here I am feeling...blinded. The flowers and now, this something told me that I was overlooking a crucial piece of info.

It was then that it finally clicked.

Ahh...wait....that can't be.....is he...is he trying to AHHH???

I facepalmed.

Was the God of the underworld trying to apologise?