Chapter 13: Johnny's and Jamie's Talk

Jamie made it to where Johnny wanted to meet and she leaned against the building as she waited. Ten seconds later, she heard his Welsh accent.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," she greeted then added, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Come with me," he replied.

She obeyed as they went behind the shop and toward this bench. They sat down and Johnny put his head in his hands.

"You good?" Jamie wondered.

"I guess," Johnny sighed.

"Seriously, Johnny. I know why you're down, but if you want my help, I need more information. What's wrong?" she asked.

Johnny inhaled and explained, "My dad wants me to be the getaway driver for his gang's next heist. I don't want to be in his gang, but if I tell him, it won't be good. All I want to do is be a singer, but I can't tell him. I didn't even tell him about the contest. You're the first I've told this to, about what my family does and what I've always wanted to do. I just don't think I can do the same with my dad. I understand if you don't want to be friends with someone who's involved with a gang."

Jamie was shocked. His dad is in charge of a gang and he wants Johnny to be in? At least Johnny doesn't. She immediately hugged him, which caught him off guard, but he returned it.

As they kept hugging, Jamie said, "The part about you being in a gang doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that you're not happy with what your dad wants you to do. If you tell him, I'm sure he'll understand. It may not be as bad as you think. But no matter what happens, I'm here for you."

They parted and she saw that he was smiling.

"Thanks, Jamie. Even though we just met today, it's cool to know I can trust you," Johnny told her.

"Same with you," she smiled.

"Oh and if you meet my dad, don't tell him about the contest," he requested.

"Your secret's safe with me. Well, I better get going. Rosita needs my help at her place," Jamie said, standing up.

"Okay. Well, I'll see you tomorrow," Johnny remarked, also standing up.

"For rehearsals and our date," Jamie smirked.

Johnny blushed, making Jamie giggle and hug him.

"See you tomorrow," she said.

"See ya," Johnny responded.

She walked back to her house and when she walked in, she saw Rosita working on some contraption.

"Rosita? What are you doing?" Jamie chuckled.

"I'm trying to make something to help us leave the house for rehearsals and the kids will be taken care of," Rosita answered then requested, "Now, record yourself doing what you do on a regular day."

"Yes, Mom," Jamie smiled.

They immediately got to work on what they needed to do for the whole night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Johnny and Jamie! Aww! They're so cute! And Rosita's got a plan for both Jamie and her to get to rehearsal on time. Let's see how that goes.