Chapter 30: Johnny and Rosita Have Break-Throughs

Miss Crawly was closing the theater and when she left the office area, Johnny snuck in through the window, wearing his bunny mask. He got the chest then saw the audition results. On his, it showed "Audition: Excellent" and "Natural-born singer". He removed his mask, thinking about what Jamie said.

"Jamie's right. I can't do this," he said to himself, throwing his mask away and putting the chest back on the desk.

That's when Miss Crawly entered the room and when she saw Johnny, she screamed.

"Johnny! Oh! You-- You gave me a fright there," she said.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to. I just-- Well, I know it's late, but I could really use some extra piano lessons," he requested.

She agreed and they got to work. As he played, he improved more and more.

Meanwhile, Jamie was on her way home when she heard music coming from the theater. She ran to it and saw Johnny's truck outside. She went inside and saw Johnny on the piano, playing his new song beautifully. She smiled as she heard him play. She texted Rosita, telling her she was spending the night with a friend, which she agreed. When Miss Crawly left to get something, she stepped up to him and tapped his shoulder. He froze then turned around to see Jamie.

"I see you took my advice," she said.

"Yeah...Listen, Jamie. I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I was just mad at myself for getting my dad in prison and I took it out on you," he explained.

"It's okay. After hearing you play your song, I knew that you wanted to win this fair and square," Jamie said.

"I do," Johnny nodded.

They were silent for a moment until Jamie spoke up as she sat beside him on the piano bench.

"I'll tell you what. If I win, I'll give you what you need to bail him out. If not, I'll still help you in any way I can," she promised.

Johnny looked at her, touched that she would do something like that.

"You would do that? For me?" he asked.

"Of course. You're one of the most amazing guys I have ever met and I realized that--" Jamie started.

She was interrupted by the sound of the door opening and Miss Crawly came in. She quickly got off the bench and leaned up against the wall.

"Oh hello, Jamie. Are you here to practice too?" Miss Crawly asked.

"Yeah. Johnny's doing amazing, by the way," Jamie answered, giving him a wink, making him blush.

"Alrighty then. Let's get to work," Miss Crawly said.

Meanwhile, Rosita was getting the groceries as she let out a yawn.

"Shoppers are reminded the store will close in 15 minutes. Thank you," one of the camera guys announced.

Then some Spanish music came on and Rosita just let herself fall into the music. The camera guy noticed and turned the volume up. As the music continued, Rosita danced with more and more passion. Then she leapt into the air and landed gracefully on her knees.

"The lady in aisle six," the camera guy called then commented, "That was awesome."

He applauded and whistled as Rosita gave a tiny curtsy. She still had the fire and she was ready to show it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jamie and Johnny worked things out and Rosita realized she still had a fire within her. Yay for them!