Chapter 43: "My Way"

"He may be tiny, but there is no denying his enormous talent. Would you please welcome to the stage, Mike," Buster said.

Mike walked toward the stage.

"What are you doing back here?" Rosita asked.

"Relax, Sweetheart. Just came back to show you bozos how it's really done. Now, watch this," Mike answered.

He went on the stage to the shrunken mic stand and began to sing "My Way" by Frank Sinatra.

"And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain"

At the club, the bears were playing poker when one of them saw Mike on the TV.

"Boss, that is him! That is Mike!" the bear said.

They immediately left and Mike's girlfriend saw him and left to help him for when the bears would show up.

"I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way"

Big Daddy made it to the theater backstage and looked around.

"Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption"

He saw Johnny holding Jamie's hand as they all watched Mike. He picked up a rock and tossed it towards Jamie. She turned around and gasped quietly and excitedly. She let Johnny know to turn around and when he did, his dad held his arms out and Johnny ran into them.

"I'm so proud of you," Big Daddy told him and they continued hugging as Jamie started crying tears of joy.

(A/N No matter how many times I see that part, I always get so emotional. It's the truth. Haha!)

"I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway"

A helicopter showed up as the animals inside looked around for Johnny's father.

"Uh oh," he said and stepped back a bit.

"And more, much more than this, I did it my way"

"You gotta be kidding me," Mike mumbled, but continued singing, even when the helicopter was blowing him away.

"For what is a mouse, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows"

Mike was now in the air, grasping the mic.

"Negative. I've lost sight of the suspect and am terminating pursuit," the officer informed over his radio and left.

"And did it my way"

Mike finished as he was spun around then it stopped in time for him to get off.

"That pip-squeak really was great," the cat from earlier said as he and the other animals were crying.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. Oh, please. You're too kind, really. Look at me. I'm turning red. Stop. I can't take it. Keep-- Keep it coming," Mike remarked.

Meanwhile, Big Daddy, Johnny, and Jamie were talking.

"Well, I better get back. They'll be wondering what happened to me. You'll visit me, though, yeah?" Big Daddy asked.

"Yeah, course I will. Thanks for coming," Johnny said.

"Don't thank me. Thank your girlfriend," his dad responded, pointing at Jamie.

Johnny looked at Jamie, a little confused. As was she.

"Why me?" she wondered.

"Because when you talked to me after Johnny left, you knocked some sense into me," his dad explained then told Johnny, "One thing she told me was that she wanted me to accept you for who you were. She also said and I quote, 'What you guys were doing didn't make him happy; singing does. Didn't you ever ask him what he wanted to do in life? He is one of the best singers I've ever heard and every time he does it, I see a huge smile on his face.'  And I see that now," his dad explained.

Jamie blushed as Johnny smiled at her words.

"Well, I gotta go. See you, son. Jamie," Big Daddy waved then left for the prison.

Johnny turned around to Jamie as she blushed uncontrollably.

"You said all that to my dad?" he asked.

"That wasn't all of what I said, but yeah," she answered.

He chuckled and hugged her as he said, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," she whispered.

"By the way, singing isn't the only thing that puts a smile on my face. You do as well," Johnny stated.

Jamie smiled as they continued to hold each other until it was Meena's turn to be on stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Aww! Johnny and his dad made up! Happy day! And it's all because of Jamie! You go girl! Next up, Meena!