Chapter 29: Jamie Talks to Big Daddy

Jamie went in the room where visitors could talk to the prisoners. She went to the seat and a police officer came to her. She asked for Big Daddy and he went to get him.

He walked in to see him, sitting on the bed.

"You got another visitor," the guard informed.

"Another one?" Big Daddy asked.

The guard nodded and they went out to see Jamie. Big Daddy sat down and they picked up the phones.

"Well, if it isn't my son's girlfriend," he said.

"We're not together. We're just friends. At least, I think we still are," she corrected.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"I want you to accept your son for who he is. And for the record, we actually met during the singing contest, but he wanted to keep it a secret because of how you would react," she answered.

"Why should I? Doing what we did was enough to get us going," Big Daddy pointed out.

"But it'll never be enough for Johnny. What you guys were doing didn't make him happy; singing does. Didn't you ever ask him what he wanted to do in life? He is one of the best singers I've ever heard and every time he does it, I see a huge smile on his face. And that makes me happy because...I love him," Jamie explained.

Big Daddy was shocked about hearing this.

"You're in love with my son?" he asked.

"Yeah. So can you think about what I told you? I don't want him or you to go through the same thing I went through," she requested.

He sighed then answered, "I'll think about it, but I won't make any promises."

"Okay," she nodded.

Then he left for his cell and she walked in the direction of the theater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N What fun, huh? This ought to be interesting.