Vampire Hunting

Chapter 5

I didn't pack shit.

I'm not leaving anywhere, with a vampire, who he said not to trust. So I'm not doing anything he says anymore. I trusted him once and he teased me about it. That fucker. So now I do nothing and we'll see how he likes it.

It's almost the same time he came around. I have the TV on, half-heartedly watching some show that has pawn shop owners on it. Half of me is trying to pay attention, the other half is too excited to pay any attention because it knows Ace is going to be here any moment.

And that part of me terrifies me.

I shouldn't be excited. I should be dreadful. Dreadful that a vampire has been in my house more times than I want. Knows where I live, what my name is. He can share that to any other vampire and I can be ambushed in my sleep. Hell, he probably has people coming with him.

I have a gun swinging on my fingers. I don't trust him anymore, just like he said. I only trusted him for that one day and that's it. He knows it, too. And he's never earning that trust back. Not unless he's human.

"You're a stubborn ass, aren't you?"

I turn, gun stopping it's swinging on my fingers. I point the gun and aim, shooting it off. Ace disappears before the bullet can hit him. I swear under my breath, shoving the gun in my holster. I glare at his sheepish grin, whose now on the other side of the room.

"Yeah, I am," I retort at him.

He crosses his arms. "You tried to shoot me again. I guess our talk yesterday meant nothing."

"Apparently," I agree.

Ace stares at me for the longest time. "I was serious when I said I was coming back to pick you up."

I scoff. "You told me to never trust a vampire. Those are the only smart words that have left your mouth since I've met you."

He winces. "Okay, I take that back for just today. C'mon."

"No!" I snap at him. "I'm not going anywhere with you!"

He glares at me. "I'm becoming impatient. You either go willingly or I'll force you. You're choice."

"I don't even know where we're going!" I tell him exasperatedly.

"Somewhere where there's people like you," He tells me.

"I don't trust you," I growl.

He's then suddenly right in front of me, and I almost jump back a bit. But I manage to stand my ground. His eyes are a greem color, I realize. A bright, clear green. "I will never hurt you, Scar. You have to trust me on that one."

He says it so seriously I want to believe him. "I don't trust anyone." I pull away from him, stalking away to my room. I want him out of my house now. I don't want him here, I don't even want to be here.

He's following me in a matter of seconds. He doesn't peer around the room like it's the first time he's been in it. It's like he's been in here before. It's like he knows there's a picture of my dad sitting on my dresser, how my laptop is open to a Google page, and how my closet door is open, full of messy clothes.

He really has been stalking me, hasn't he?

"Go away."

He smirks, leaning against my dresser that's next to the doorway. "I refuse to leave without you. Start packing your shit."