Prologue

• Đã dành riêng cho Miss Danielle <3

"I don't know man, I give up. I'm tired of looking for 'the one' when she is nowhere to be found," sighed Nash as he slouched down into the leathery tour bus sofa.

"Come on, the date couldn't have gone THAT badly," insisted Ryan, trying to pull his childhood friend out of the dumps after yet another crumby date.

"Not that bad? She threw the sushi at me and it landed in my perfectly styled hair! I spent a whole hour perfecting these curls!" whined Nash.

"Dude, just chill out. You'll find someone eventually, it just takes time," Ryan said almost monotonously, having said it many times before.

"Oh, like you would know," retorted Nash. "You met Morgan in high school and you're still dating her almost 10 years later. You guys'll be together forever. You know nothing about heartbreak."

Ryan stayed silent.

"See! You have nothing to say to that. You have no idea what I'm going through!" Nash said, almost yelling at this point. "I'm 27 years old with a successful career and amazing friends, but my life is missing something. I have everything I could want, but I have no one to share it with. I don't have that perfect someone and have no forseeable chance of finding her." By now Nash had lowered his voice to a saddened  mutter. He let his head drop to his hands as he let out a deep sigh.

"Look, I'm sorry I'm such a mess. It's just that you, Ian, and Jamie have such perfect relationships, I'm stuck here alone. Don't get me wrong, the single life is a blast, but I'm getting older and I don't want to be single forever."

"Uh, can I barge in for a sec?" Unbenknownst to Ryan and Nash, Jamie had been laying in his bunk a mere 2 feet from their conversation. He had, of course, overheard Nash's most recent dating drama. Pulling back the bunk curtain and hopping out of the bunk, Jamie strolled over to the couch and plopped himself between Ryan and Nash.

"Now, you say you're having dating trouble. Tell me, how does this make you feel?" Jamie asked in a  professional psychologist-like voice. Nash lifted his eyebrows and just stared at Jamie. Ryan shook his head, as he was accustomed to Jamie's psychologist bit.

"Um what?" Nash asked.

"I'm just playing," Jamie laughed and playfully slapped Nash's knee. Then suddenly his face became solemn.

"In all seriousness though, I think I have some advice that might help you with your current dilemma..."